Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 9:13:34 AM EDT
I emailed Mossberg inreguards to buying a slugbarrel for an 835 Moss, and they wrote back saying that the slugbarrel is chambered for 2 3/4" to 3 1/2" slugs. They also added that Lightfield ammo manufactures a 3 1/2" 12 guage slug. Anybody know  Anybody have any experience with these yet? I'd like to take one for a test drive! Wonder how the terminal ballistics would compare to the 3" slug. I see some possable aplications for Biggame hunting.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#1]
3 1/2 turkey slugs hurt in my 835. get a better recoil buffer
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you just asking for a whoopin'?  Sweet jabesus man, my 3" hurt enough out of my 500.  I will just stick with 2 3/4 Brenneke's out of my J.C. Higgins thank you.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
ANYONE who owns a 3.5" Mag and does NOT use a Knoxx / Hogue Recoil Reducer Stock is just plain #$%&* ing CRAZY!!!

I have a Knoxx on my 870 3.5" (Rems kick more than 835s due to 835 overboring and braking ports) and MAN what a difference!!

They make the stock for Rem 870, Moss 835/500 & the Win 1300.

I waterfowl with my 870 in fall / winter, and then drop the slug bbl and surefire fore end back on to old trusty for the rest of the year around the house.  

I can shoot 50 rounds of of 3.5" magnum (NO - I don't miss that much!! - doing pattern board testing!!) and my shoulder feels GREAT!  Same for slugs or stout buckshot in defense mode too!

you can choose to either (A) download the ballistics of your rounds with a "hard" stock, or
(B) soften the recoil of your gun and still get full power Scotty!!

Can't say enought good stuff about it and it is dirt cheap at a C note!  Also is well textured and grip-able too!

Bigger Hammer

h.gif
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top