Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 3:34:14 PM EDT
I was pondering the other day..........  As hot as the 357 Sig is right now, wouldn't it really be an awsome round if the 357 Sig was made using 10mm  brass?

Can you just imagine the potential?  Maybe a 125 gr 357 bullet @ 1800 ft/sec and 650 ft/lbs?  More?

I wonder how bullets come to life?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that has already been done. I cant remember the name of the wildcat, though. Im sure someone with chime in here with the info.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like Cor-Bon has some .357Sig pretty close to those specs, IIRC?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it was Dillion reloading that came up with that round for there shooting team.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#4]
9x25 Dillon.

About as much powder as you can stuff behind a 9mm pistol bullt in a 5-6" bbl. Full throttle 9x25s shooting FMJs with exposed lead in the base have been known to leave lead streaks in the barrel from melted bullet bases!!!

I don't know what modern expanding 9mm bullets would hold together well enough at the very high velocities this round can deliver. Of course, on jackrabbits, coyotes, or other smaller varmints, you wouldn't care. But the round is surely up to handling medium game if you could get something that holds together and feeds reliably.

There's a thread on Glock Talk about it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#5]
how about a 10mm bullet loaded in a bottle-necked .45acp cartrige
\
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
how about a 10mm bullet loaded in a bottle-necked .45acp cartrige
\

I think this is very close to what the 400 Corbon load is?  45 cal necked down to 40.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
9x25 Dillon.

About as much powder as you can stuff behind a 9mm pistol bullt in a 5-6" bbl. Full throttle 9x25s shooting FMJs with exposed lead in the base have been known to leave lead streaks in the barrel from melted bullet bases!!!

I don't know what modern expanding 9mm bullets would hold together well enough at the very high velocities this round can deliver. Of course, on jackrabbits, coyotes, or other smaller varmints, you wouldn't care. But the round is surely up to handling medium game if you could get something that holds together and feeds reliably.

There's a thread on Glock Talk about it.

9x25 = .357 Magnum in an auto.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top