Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/19/2005 8:07:15 PM EDT
A fellow club member wants me to reload 4 or 5 boxes of 30-40 Kraig for him . He has brass that all was fired thru his gun and the reloads will only be used in this same gun for general range use.
Can I get away with neck sizeing only or should I go for full length resizeing ? I was hopeing to get a few more reload cycles out of the brass but I didn't know if the action has the leverage to handle a tighter case that the neck size would give me ?
I have reloaded my share of rifle ammo but have little knowledge on the Kraig .
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:12:15 PM EDT
If your worried about it, neck size a case, and seat a bullet in it minus powder/primer. Then try to feed it, this will give you a good indication if its possible.

Given .30-40 Krag pressures, you should get excellent case life neck sizing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:17:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eodtech2000:
If your worried about it, neck size a case, and seat a bullet in it minus powder/primer. Then try to feed it, this will give you a good indication if its possible.

Given .30-40 Krag pressures, you should get excellent case life neck sizing.

+1

Neck sizing will work fine for ya, me thinks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:04:55 AM EDT
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:36:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 6:37:39 AM EDT by rebel_rifle]

Originally Posted By nhsport:
A fellow club member wants me to reload 4 or 5 boxes of 30-40 Kraig for him . He has brass that all was fired thru his gun and the reloads will only be used in this same gun for general range use.
Can I get away with neck sizeing only or should I go for full length resizeing ? I was hopeing to get a few more reload cycles out of the brass but I didn't know if the action has the leverage to handle a tighter case that the neck size would give me ?
I have reloaded my share of rifle ammo but have little knowledge on the Kraig .

I would NEVER reload for anyone else, even more so for an older rifle like the Krag. And on the flip side, I would NEVER shoot anyone elses reloads in any of my rifles.

You never know what can happen and I just about guarantee that you cannot stand the liability if anything happened with that guys rifle. That is a huge risk you are taking, IMHO.

Now, if he wants to come over and reload his own ammo on your equipment, that would be a different matter.

Be very careful with this.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:05:10 PM EDT
I agree with you.
I am going to do the case prep duties,pick a nice mild load and work up to it,and then have my buddy do the reloading under my direction. In other words I am going to teach him how to reload and watch over him to check for blunders.
Top Top