Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 6:40:27 PM EDT

I am interested in shooting  8mm Mauser (0.323) through a .308 caliber silencer.

Can those of you with 308 cans measure the baffle aperture in some way and let me know what you get, clearance-wise?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:40:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I would not.  It may fit but the clearance is there in case something goes a little wrong you don't end up with a baffle strike or a ruined can.  I would look at getting it overbored to be safe, there are some ppl that will overbore a 223 can for the 6.8 spc.  If you are burning about the same amount of powder you should not see that much loss in suppression.  Another thing is if you plan to use corrosive surplus I would recommend against it.  I know the procedures for cleaning a rifle after shooting surplus, but I would worry about the salts/water getting trapped in the baffle stack and rusting.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a friend who was wanting the exact same thing.  I spoke to Henry at SWR and he was kind enough to overbore an Omega 30 for us.  It only took him I guess six weeks or so to have the can ready and to us.  Don't know if that helps you at all but thought I would throw it out there as an idea.  We (PSI and our customer) didn't want to chance using a 7.62x51 can on the 8mm weapons.

When my buddy gets his weapons threaded and we can meet up for a range day I'll take some pictures and report back how things turn out.  So far we're all excited about the project.

Take care,

Mark

Please keep me informed!

Also, if you can find out to what the apertures were overbored, please let me know. THanks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:27:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top