Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2002 9:35:05 AM EDT
Hey Dudes, I just got 200 rounds of british 308 ammo on machinegun links, how do I take the ammo off of the links? Is there an easy way to do it? Or do I just have to pry each round out?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi. I just pushed hard on the end of the bullet on mine and they backed out of the links. I don't think mine were Biritsh though. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Pry? No.

Push the round back from the nose and shoulder until the little tab is out of the cartidge's rim. It can be pulled out the rest of the way from the base. Twisting as you pull the cartridge out seems to help as well.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine was RG on M60 links. Just take a piece of 3/8 dowel rod and push them right through the link....

ss
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I'm just pushing the bullets off the link.
Ya know whats really cool though?! I don't even own a 308 caliber gun! Hahaha! Hey, anyone know where I can order 223 ammo on links?  (no, i don't have a 223 gun either)

Thanks guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top