Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2013 10:18:21 AM EDT
What's the thought on using range pickup 223 cases with unknown number of reloads for 300blk.  I try to only use once fired range pickups for 223/556 reloads.

One nice thing about 300blk, it is easy to see the case web on the inside.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as the primer pockets are good and tight, it's g2g. Subs have a good bit lower pressure than a standard 223 round, so you can get good brass life if you anneal before forming. Supers have higher pressures, but still lower than 5.56 IIRC. All my federal brass gets turned into 300 blk, as do cases with split necks and/or screw-ups I make on the press when doing 223.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Just note that some brands have too thick case walls and necks can be too large with a seated bullet. Necks with a seated bullet should be .334" or less. Here's a list of cases to watch out for:http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=82732
 It is easy to inspect the 300 BLK cases as you can easily see the inside and inspect for stretching and possible problems.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top