Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2015 9:43:15 PM EDT
I am a 300blk virgin. I have ignored the cartridge, but now have the bug. I have built 9 ARs in the past few years, but they were all 5.56.

Does a 8" 300blk really need an adjustable gas block?

Which carbine buffer is preferred?

I will run it with & without a can and supers & subs.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
No. Standard gas block.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
If your 300blk barrel is made to cycle subs unsuppressed then you will greatly benefit from restricting gas flow on super sonic rounds, and suppressed super sonic rounds.  Suppressed subsonic no so much.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#3]
dupe
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
dupe
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
dupe
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If your 300blk barrel is made to cycle subs unsuppressed then you will greatly benefit from restricting gas flow on super sonic rounds, and suppressed super sonic rounds.  Suppressed subsonic no so much.
View Quote

Can you help explain this?

I have a Noveske 8" N4 in 300BLK. It has cycled suppressed subs just fine, and some unsuppressed subs. Two weekends ago, I was in a class shooting some suppressed supers and had some cycling issues.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:22:24 AM EDT
[#7]
A vendor here "micro moa" posted there results on there website of gas port size testing.  If shooting supers suppressed you may want to consider a adj gas bcg to calm things down.  A 300blk barrel that is opened to the point it can cycle subs unsuppessed would be violent on supers suppressed.  Your gas port is probably .108-.120" or so.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:29:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A vendor here "micro moa" posted there results on there website of gas port size testing.  If shooting supers suppressed you may want to consider a adj gas bcg to calm things down.  A 300blk barrel that is opened to the point it can cycle subs unsuppessed would be violent on supers suppressed.  Your gas port is probably .108-.120" or so.
View Quote

YOU DO NOT NEED AN ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK ON THE 300BLK!!!! AAC port size is around .96 and can cycle subs unsuppressed. There are no reputable barrel manufactures for the 300BLK that sell full open gas ports. Just about every one of them are under .102 making sure you do not need an adjustable gas block. The only people that say you need it are the ones trying to sell you their adjustable gas blocks. There is no "violent" suppressed supers coming from any serious 300BLK manufactures as I have shot thousands of rounds from multiple barrels where some cycle subs without the suppressor and some that don't. I cannot tell any difference in my "violent" suppressed supers vs my non suppressed supers in any of my guns.

There is only one reason to put an adjustable gas block on the 300BLK and that is if you don't want any gas flow at all. Essentially making your gun into a single shot rifle and cutting down the actions noise.

Now if you buy a barrel from Uncle Bucks barrels and bait shop. They probably didn't do any testing and just opened the port as wide as it will go but every reputable barrel manufacture (AAC, Noveske, KAK, CMMG, Ballistics advantage, etc) that has tested their barrels before selling them to the customers has no need of any additional devices to regulate their supers and subs.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok, thanks. Got it regarding the gas block. What about the buffer?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

YOU DO NOT NEED AN ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK ON THE 300BLK!!!! AAC port size is around .96 and can cycle subs unsuppressed..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU DO NOT NEED AN ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK ON THE 300BLK!!!! AAC port size is around .96 and can cycle subs unsuppressed..

See amphibian's post but I have found even by their guidelines the port size can be much smaller in the applications I tested (in both 300blk and 5.56).  I assume they build in a margin of safety/error.

If you have a barrel that can cycle subs unsuppressed, then a full power with a suppressor added can always benefit from turning down the gas.  I've tested this with a Noveske 12.2", BA 8.5", and McGowen 9" 300blk barrels, using a adjustable gas key.  The cycle rate, recoil, blowback and sound are reduced significantly.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I run an SLR block, Sprinco White sprang, and Colt H buffer in my 8.5".

Turn block down until it barely ejects subs unsupressed, then crank on can.

GTG.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I have four .300blk rifles (8", 10.5", 14.5" and 16") from four different manufacturers.  They all run fine suppressed and unsuppressed (subs and supers) with a standard gas block and car buffer.  

Now I will say a long string of fire with my Omega attached to the 8" gun it does product a bit of gas to the face.  I have considered trying a H1 or 2 buffer to tone it down some.  

I would never consider a adjustable gas block for a 300blk unless the gas port was ridiculously big and shooting supers alot.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm running an 8.1" Aero Precision barrel on one with a Troy PDW stock and it's buffer, as well as a 10.5" Andro Corp barrel with a Spikes ST-2 buffer.
Both run perfectly with super and subs. Not a single cycle issue with either one suppressed or not.

I'm a lefty and still get no gas in my face with either running commercial loads or my own.

I'm running standard low profile gas blocks on both.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We've tested some of the barrels made by some of the manufactures you listed that certainly were overgassed.
As shown in our testing here: http://micromoa.com/300-blk-port-size-testing/
One of the barrels we tested was made by one of the manufacurers you named but I'm not going to name names.
Anyways, it was ported at .086" where it cycled fine with every ammo we tested, including subsonic unsuppressed at .067.
If they had just ported it that small it would run everything more optimally than .086"

While we have customers have issues with every barrel maker you mentioned and used our blocks to correct THEIR issues.
I say THEIR issues since everyone is different and has different criteria.  Many 300BLK shooter are reloaders and like to tinker with loads that vary a lot in pressure so going adjustable works better for them.

We also tested it with an H2 buffer and standard power spring in full auto and it still worked....no need to make it .086....especially when the majority of people would be using a lighter buffer.

However, our opening statement at the link above is that most people won't 'need' an adjustable block for 300BLK.  Although we do sell quite a few for 300 BLK customers.
One issue we have found is that some powders are so dirty that it will choke up the gas rings pretty quick and when running supersonic with a port that doesn't need to be that big will result in less rounds downrange before you have to stop and clean it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

every reputable barrel manufacture (AAC, Noveske, KAK, CMMG, Ballistics advantage, etc) that has tested their barrels before selling them to the customers has no need of any additional devices to regulate their supers and subs.

We've tested some of the barrels made by some of the manufactures you listed that certainly were overgassed.
One of the barrels we tested was made by one of the manufacurers you named but I'm not going to name names.
Anyways, it was ported at .086" where it cycled fine with every ammo we tested, including subsonic unsuppressed at .067.
If they had just ported it that small it would run everything more optimally than .086"

While we have customers have issues with every barrel maker you mentioned and used our blocks to correct THEIR issues.
I say THEIR issues since everyone is different and has different criteria.  Many 300BLK shooter are reloaders and like to tinker with loads that vary a lot in pressure so going adjustable works better for them.

We also tested it with an H2 buffer and standard power spring in full auto and it still worked....no need to make it .086....especially when the majority of people would be using a lighter buffer.

However, our opening statement at the link above is that most people won't 'need' an adjustable block for 300BLK.  Although we do sell quite a few for 300 BLK customers.
One issue we have found is that some powders are so dirty that it will choke up the gas rings pretty quick and when running supersonic with a port that doesn't need to be that big will result in less rounds downrange before you have to stop and clean it.

Once again the people wanting to sell you a gas block are the ones saying that the guns are overgassed.

The 300BLK was designed to run without an adjustable gas block. It was one of the main requirements to keep the costs down and keep it simple while only having to change a magazine when choosing between subs and supers. This means not having to reajust your gas block every time you switch between subs and supers.

Respectable manufactures put a lot of time and hundreds of thousands of rounds finding the perfect gas port size that will cycle both subs and supers without an adjustable gas block.

THE 300BLK MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT REQUIRE A GAS BLOCK TO RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop spreading the lies that it needs a "correction" when in fact any barrel from a good manufacturer will run fine without an adjustable gas block.

As mentioned in your test 3 OUT OF THE 4 BARRELS tested you had to manually drill out the gas port to its maximum size to get the results you wanted.

THE 300BLK WILL RUN FINE WITHOUT AN ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK! Anyone that says different is trying to sell you something.

I have shot thousands of supersonic suppressed rounds out of many of the barrels listed above. I have had nothing break and felt no additional recoil vs being unsuppressed during those thousands of rounds. 99% of those running the 300BLK don't have adjustable gas blocks as it was designed to not need them. Many others have shot tens of thousands of rounds without an adjustable gas block and have had no adverse wear in their guns. As a matter of fact I have read no problems on any forum with the 300BLK cycling too hard or damaging parts due to "violent" cycling when shooting supersonic suppressed. So, please tell me with that limited test in which you modified the gas ports of 3 out of 4 barrels to their maximum to get your test results why exactly do these people need the added complexity of an adjustable gas block when there is no problems reported on any forum of "violent" cycling? It seems like you are peddling a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

I will say it once again YOU DO NOT NEED AN ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK TO GET YOUR 300BLK TO RUN. Because with threads like this people will start to say the 300BLK needs an adjustable gas block to work when in fact YOUR 300BLK WILL WORK PERFECTLY WITHOUT AN ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK.

If you want the added complexity, cost and reliability issues that come with an adjustable gas block go ahead and drill out your port and use your adjustable gas block to tune your supers and subs just remember unlike the factory barrels that with a change of a magazine you can go from shooting subs to supers and back. You cannot do that with an adjustable gas block as if you set it up to run supersonics you may not get enough to run subs without adjusting it each time or if you open it all the way up to run subs you will probably be overgassed when running supers (which I find amusing as this is the problem and solution they try and sell you on).  Everytime you switch ammo or go from subs to super or supers to subs you have to adjust the gas block. Unless of course you set the gas block to the same size the manufactures already came up with then what is the point of the adjustable gas block?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I will say that when i built my 300 rifle, I chose the primary function to be suppressed/subsonic. So i chose an adjustable gas block so i could tune the rifle for my custom stock/lightweight buffer/lightweight carrier, to function properly.

Can you make a jack-of-all-trades 300 rifle......yes, but just like a swiss army knife, it will be ok over all, and not excel in one particular field. For most, this will probably suffice, and might even be desired. But for folks like me, with a specific goal (quietest/least recoil), an adjustable gas block is the way to go. This is why there are two sides to the debate.

YMMV
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#18]
It may be true, that a 300 will run without an adjustable gas block.
However, to get better noise reduction and have more control over your rifle, isn't it sort of a no-brainer?

Also, I too am interested in the buffer choices..
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 3:05:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Geez...did you not READ what I wrote???  
Again, I said, most people won't 'need' an adjustable block for 300BLK!!!!

I also said, people bought them for THEIR needs.  Most 300BLK barrels are not ported to run subsonics WITHOUT a can....Ask Noveske, that is what they do.
And MOST people are NOT going to to do that so that means most people will NOT need an adjustable gas block like I initially said.

It is for those people that tinker and want to run subsonics without a can is why we had to drill to ports out....If you read the article closely, you would see that we wanted to know the port sizes for 4 different scenarios.

Port sizes were broken down for each upper in the following 4 categories:
1. Minimum Port Size Unsuppressed with Subsonic Ammo
2. Minimum Port Size Suppressed with Subsonic Ammo
3. Minimum Port Size Unsuppressed with Supersonic Ammo
4. Minimum Port Size Suppressed with Supersonic Ammo

Again, MOST people won't be doing #1 which is why most barrel makers don't port their barrels for that either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

every reputable barrel manufacture (AAC, Noveske, KAK, CMMG, Ballistics advantage, etc) that has tested their barrels before selling them to the customers has no need of any additional devices to regulate their supers and subs.

Once again the people wanting to sell you a gas block are the ones saying that the guns are overgassed.

The 300BLK was designed to run without an adjustable gas block. It was one of the main requirements to keep the costs down and keep it simple while only having to change a magazine when choosing between subs and supers. This means not having to reajust your gas block every time you switch between subs and supers.

Respectable manufactures put a lot of time and hundreds of thousands of rounds finding the perfect gas port size that will cycle both subs and supers without an adjustable gas block.

THE 300BLK MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT REQUIRE A GAS BLOCK TO RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop spreading the lies that it needs a "correction" when in fact any barrel from a good manufacturer will run fine without an adjustable gas block.

As mentioned in your test 3 OUT OF THE 4 BARRELS tested you had to manually drill out the gas port to its maximum size to get the results you wanted.

THE 300BLK WILL RUN FINE WITHOUT AN ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK! Anyone that says different is trying to sell you something.

I have shot thousands of supersonic suppressed rounds out of many of the barrels listed above. I have had nothing break and felt no additional recoil vs being unsuppressed during those thousands of rounds. 99% of those running the 300BLK don't have adjustable gas blocks as it was designed to not need them. Many others have shot tens of thousands of rounds without an adjustable gas block and have had no adverse wear in their guns. As a matter of fact I have read no problems on any forum with the 300BLK cycling too hard or damaging parts due to "violent" cycling when shooting supersonic suppressed. So, please tell me with that limited test in which you modified the gas ports of 3 out of 4 barrels to their maximum to get your test results why exactly do these people need the added complexity of an adjustable gas block when there is no problems reported on any forum of "violent" cycling? It seems like you are peddling a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

I will say it once again YOU DO NOT NEED AN ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK TO GET YOUR 300BLK TO RUN. Because with threads like this people will start to say the 300BLK needs an adjustable gas block to work when in fact YOUR 300BLK WILL WORK PERFECTLY WITHOUT AN ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK.

If you want the added complexity, cost and reliability issues that come with an adjustable gas block go ahead and drill out your port and use your adjustable gas block to tune your supers and subs just remember unlike the factory barrels that with a change of a magazine you can go from shooting subs to supers and back. You cannot do that with an adjustable gas block as if you set it up to run supersonics you may not get enough to run subs without adjusting it each time or if you open it all the way up to run subs you will probably be overgassed when running supers (which I find amusing as this is the problem and solution they try and sell you on).  Everytime you switch ammo or go from subs to super or supers to subs you have to adjust the gas block. Unless of course you set the gas block to the same size the manufactures already came up with then what is the point of the adjustable gas block?

Geez...did you not READ what I wrote???  
Again, I said, most people won't 'need' an adjustable block for 300BLK!!!!

I also said, people bought them for THEIR needs.  Most 300BLK barrels are not ported to run subsonics WITHOUT a can....Ask Noveske, that is what they do.
And MOST people are NOT going to to do that so that means most people will NOT need an adjustable gas block like I initially said.

It is for those people that tinker and want to run subsonics without a can is why we had to drill to ports out....If you read the article closely, you would see that we wanted to know the port sizes for 4 different scenarios.

Port sizes were broken down for each upper in the following 4 categories:
1. Minimum Port Size Unsuppressed with Subsonic Ammo
2. Minimum Port Size Suppressed with Subsonic Ammo
3. Minimum Port Size Unsuppressed with Supersonic Ammo
4. Minimum Port Size Suppressed with Supersonic Ammo

Again, MOST people won't be doing #1 which is why most barrel makers don't port their barrels for that either.

I understand what you are saying but when there is a discussion about adjustable gas blocks and the OP asking if he needs one. Posters come on and imply that he would when in reality he doesn't. This is how so much misinformation gets out about the 300BLK.

So let me clear the air and answer the OP question once again. With any respectable barrel manufacture YOU DO NOT NEED AN ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK TO OPERATE YOUR 300BLK!!!!! YOU WILL NEVER NEED AN ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK TO OPERATE YOUR 300BLK!!!!

Anyone saying that you need an adjustable gas block to operate your 300BLK is lying and trying to sell you something.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a 10.5", pistol length gas system 300BLK SBR and it runs supers and subs, with or without the can, with an H2 buffer without an adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a spare H2 buffer. I'll start with that and a standard low profile gas block.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#22]
No one has said it would not run without adjusting the gas.  What was said if you have a port so large it will cycle subs without a can then when you run full power ammo with a can it will very overgassed.  Adjusting the gas down will reduce sound at shooters ear, blowback, and recoil. It will function either way, it is just more pleasant to shoot with gas restricted.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No one has said it would not run without adjusting the gas.  What was said if you have a port so large it will cycle subs without a can then when you run full power ammo with a can it will very overgassed.  Adjusting the gas down will reduce sound at shooters ear, blowback, and recoil. It will function either way, it is just more pleasant to shoot with gas restricted.
View Quote

The OP didn't ask about gas port size. He asked a simple question on whether the 300BLK needed an adjustable gas block to run. There is only one answer to that and it would be NO!

Instead he was told that if his gas port was too big he would have "violent" ejection problems without an adjustable gas block. Even though no reputable manufacture makes barrels with gas ports to large.

Then it was mentioned that barrel manufactures needed an adjustable gas block to correct THEIR issues. The problem is they don't have any issues and both posts were misleading as hell to those who don't know enough about the 300BLK.

The simple answer to the question the OP asked and everyone else interested in the proper answer would have been NO you don't need an adjustable gas block for your 300BLK to run properly. End of story.

Instead we got a couple people pimping their wares and mudding the OP question. Which as I said before leads to miscommunication and the next thing you know you have people posting you need an adjustable gas block to run the 300BLK. When in fact you most certainly don't.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#25]
You do not "Need" an adjustable gas block.

My brother uses a carbine 10.5" 7.62x39 AR suppressed. It kicks pretty hard with a standard gas block. x39 has about 5% more energy than 300BO.

I would try it out, if it feels too violent (which you can get with some good cans), then I would get a govnah with Suppressed Super/Unsuppressed Super/Fully open (subs)
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think you were misunderstanding my post...when I said 'THEIR' needs, I was referring to the customers that wanted to run subsonic unsuppressed which requires opening up the gas port for most barrels which again, MOST people are not doing including myself.  
I was not saying the barrel manufacturers had issues.  
MOST people that buy my block for 300BLK are reloaders running a wide variety of ammo types and powders.  

Again, NO an adjustable block is not NEEDED in most cases as I've stated several times.  Just like a Geissele trigger isn't needed.  A standard trigger works too....
Even looking at my videos in 556 my guns runs 100% suppressed and unsuppressed so is an adjustable gas block 'NEEDED'??  Obviously not since they run in both configurations.  But it clear to see the difference in cyclic rate and feel the difference in recoil when going adjustable in 556.  
For 300BLK it is less of a dramatic difference but I will guarantee you that in the case of a 9.5" barrel going from supersonic to subsonic there is a cyclic rate difference if you are running a .073 vs .093 port.  Most people are oblivious to the excess gas and higher cyclic rate.  On top of that, at ~70 cents or more a round most people aren't shooting them high volume enough to bother.

Again, the main difference I've seen with 300BLK is that some powders are dirty and malfunctions will occur sooner with them and going adjustable extends the amount of rounds you can go before malfunctions start to occur.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then it was mentioned that barrel manufactures needed an adjustable gas block to correct THEIR issues. The problem is they don't have any issues and both posts were misleading as hell to those who don't know enough about the 300BLK.

I think you were misunderstanding my post...when I said 'THEIR' needs, I was referring to the customers that wanted to run subsonic unsuppressed which requires opening up the gas port for most barrels which again, MOST people are not doing including myself.  
MOST people that buy my block for 300BLK are reloaders running a wide variety of ammo types and powders.  

Again, NO an adjustable block is not NEEDED in most cases as I've stated several times.  Just like a Geissele trigger isn't needed.  A standard trigger works too....
Even looking at my videos in 556 my guns runs 100% suppressed and unsuppressed so is an adjustable gas block 'NEEDED'??  Obviously not since they run in both configurations.  But it clear to see the difference in cyclic rate and feel the difference in recoil when going adjustable in 556.  
For 300BLK it is less of a dramatic difference but I will guarantee you that in the case of a 9.5" barrel going from supersonic to subsonic there is a cyclic rate difference if you are running a .073 vs .093 port.  Most people are oblivious to the excess gas and higher cyclic rate.  On top of that, at ~70 cents or more a round most people aren't shooting them high volume enough to bother.

Again, the main difference I've seen with 300BLK is that some powders are dirty and malfunctions will occur sooner with them and going adjustable extends the amount of rounds you can go before malfunctions start to occur.

I still don't know why this thread isn't just two or three post long as all that would have had to been said is: NO an adjustable gas block isn't needed!!

Yet here we are still discussing why an adjustable gas block is not needed on the 300BLK.

Funny thing is no one asked if there was a better trigger out there. Just like no one asked about cyclic rate or gas port size yet here you are peddling your gas blocks to the ill informed that think they need them when in fact they do not.

Once again your misleading post makes it sound like if you are a reloader or a high volume shooter then you need an adjustable gas block when in fact you DON'T. Tens of thousands of reloaders never use an adjustable gas block and all of their guns have no problems switching between supers and subs. I reload and shoot a ton through the 300BLK and have no need for an adjustable gas block that adds cost, complexity and hampers reliability.

I also find it quite disingenuous that you would say that your gas blocks will extend the time between cleanings/malfunctions when the amount of gas difference is so small and when a suppressor is added you would never be able to tell the difference yet here you are spouting non sense to try and get people to buy a product they do not need for the 300BLK. That mostly adds complexity, costs and reliability issues as there are more parts to malfunctions and if you don't have the settings just right you can over gas or under gas your gun causing a lot more reliability issues with a gun that was intentionally designed to be without an adjustable gas block.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 7:39:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I still don't know why this thread isn't just two or three post long as all that would have had to been said is: NO an adjustable gas block isn't needed!!

Yet here we are still discussing why an adjustable gas block is not needed on the 300BLK.

Funny thing is no one asked if there was a better trigger out there. Just like no one asked about cyclic rate or gas port size yet here you are peddling your gas blocks to the ill informed that think they need them when in fact they do not.

Once again your misleading post makes it sound like if you are a reloader or a high volume shooter then you need an adjustable gas block when in fact you DON'T. Tens of thousands of reloaders never use an adjustable gas block and all of their guns have no problems switching between supers and subs. I reload and shoot a ton through the 300BLK and have no need for an adjustable gas block that adds cost, complexity and hampers reliability.

I also find it quite disingenuous that you would say that your gas blocks will extend the time between cleanings/malfunctions when the amount of gas difference is so small and when a suppressor is added you would never be able to tell the difference yet here you are spouting non sense to try and get people to buy a product they do not need for the 300BLK. That mostly adds complexity, costs and reliability issues as there are more parts to malfunctions and if you don't have the settings just right you can over gas or under gas your gun causing a lot more reliability issues with a gun that was intentionally designed to be without an adjustable gas block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clearly you have some sort of ax to grind. Do these rifles run without an adjustable gas block? Yep. Are there benefits to limiting the gas in some instances? Yep. Did micromoa present that information in an unbiased way? Yep. Based on their blog post the only instances that I would use an adjustable gas block would be with a short barrel and if I was going to shoot supers all or most of the time, or if I specifically wanted to turn the gas off. We all got the message. You don't like adjustable gas blocks at all.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm not sure why you think you can tell the whole universe of 300BO shooters what they need and don't need. You don't need one. Great.

The only one using blanket statements is you. Have you ever tried one? Maybe you don't know what your missing. Mind=Blown

For the record, I don't 300BO, but if I did, I doubt my rifle would use an adjustable gas block.  

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#30]
this one has run its course...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top