Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 5:19:27 PM EDT
#1 did i get a good deal?

5 rounds remingtion slugs. 10 rounds winchester 00 buck. 155 rounds S&B 00 buck. i paid $50 shipped.

#2 how is barrel length measured?

is it from the bolt face, or is it the portion exiting the reciever? i ask be cause i was under the impression that it was from the bolt face. i cut my bbl to be 18 from the reciever to muzzle, and it came out to be 17 and 15/16ths. measured from the bolt face its 18 and 1/2. i did this to avoid "problems" if an LEO decided he wanted to check my bbl length.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
WW Buck and slugs at WallyWorld run around $6 and some change for 15 rounds, so assuming you are happy with the S&B Buck it sounds like you got a decent deal.

Barrel loength is measured from the breech / bolt face. The situation you have encountered is common, but you should be fine so long as the barrel measures 18 1/2" from the face of the closed bolt. Realize, however, that the average LEO is not going to be familar with the correct method of measuring...probably not with the correct minimum length(s) either. In the somewhat unlikely event one should accuse you of having an illegal shotgun, I would advise you to be polite and advise him of the correct method of measuring. (This is the method used by the BATFE) If that does not work, make sure you get a Property Receipt from him / her for your shotgun. It will eventually be returned to you if you ask for it back. (Aggravating, I know, but better than a night in jail IMO)

thank you. your advice is appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top