Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2001 6:09:35 PM EDT
Looking for a picture with a 24" Ar with a collapsible stock.

Is it worth it?

Looking for opinions here!

Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess I just don't understand the point of it?
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I understand the point of it perfectly.
It looks bitchin'!!!  

I have a picture I'll have to come back and put on here, so you can see that I actually did do it.  
I did not fire it though, on recommendations from Forum members and Bushmaster.
Some guys have posted that they've had no problems, but, if Bushmaster says don't do it to your Bushmaster, DON'T DO IT.
Claim was possible/probable malfunctions/breakage of parts due to the mismatch of a long gas tube and short buffer/spring.
Hey, I listened before I broke anything on my new post-ban V-MATCH 24 UPPER on a pre-ban Dissipator lower.  One of the few times in my life I took the advice, no matter how bad I wanted to do otherwise or what anyone else said.
Gimme a bit to come back with the pictures.
I hope this is going to be helpful for some of y'all.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
dude all of bushmasters lowers are the same. excpt? for? oh yea collasple stocks but u a cop?
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looking for a picture with a 24" Ar with a collapsible stock.

Is it worth it?

Looking for opinions here!

Best I could do now for a comparison.  The answer to making the parts work was installation of the "TeleStyle" stock in place of the telestock.  The pictures suck, but, you'll get the idea.  Good Luck.

Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
DUDE THAT PEICE IS SWEET
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks BusMaster007, Thats the idea i had floating around. With the number of people on this board, i can always get an opinion on my new project!

And now what about the question of the stock and buffer tube? I thought they were all interchangeable.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:10:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey I want a rifle that balances out around the gas block!!

I like swinging bridge timbers.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Much like looking at a Picasso, we all have our opinions.  Short stocks go on short barrels, anything else looks silly.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Much like looking at a Picasso, we all have our opinions.  Short stocks go on short barrels, anything else looks silly.

Yeah, the last time I went with a girl that was 5'3"/44DD, I had to move on...

Go to the Bushmaster site and it talks about the TeleStyle stock:
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/1005-087-8988pek.asp

I had to go this route in order to use the rifle immediately.  Without the TeleStyle stock, I would've had to wait until I had another lower to use both uppers...It approximates the extended telestock in appearance, and it weighs a little bit less, which was what I was after anyway.  Form follows function.
As for the Gigantor (JY-GAN-TOR; Japanese cartoon robot) Chinese 120-rd. drum magazine, it provides a nice balance point, huh?
The scope is a NIKON 6.5-20x44 in Weaver rings on a B-Square riser/w/B-Square bubble-level attached; Redi-Mag extra mag holder doesn't interfere with the fit of "Gigantor".

I'll most likely change the scope to a Leupold Tactical/Mil-Dot 4.5-14x40 as it's lighter and more range appropriate for the V-MATCH.

Here's a pic of the V-MATCH's 5'3"/44DD sister in Y2K hysteria mode:

And the Remington 7400/870 dressed for the same event/non-event:

Looks like a pattern to me...

Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Why do people create abominations like this. Long barrels with collapsible stocks. Long stocks with teeny weenie barrels. You're all a bunch of freaks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top