Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2014 3:16:41 PM EDT
I'm looking for some options for a 4.5" 22lr upper with a handguard I can fit my Prodigy under.  Any ideas or recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Taccom 4" with pretty much any 7" rail you want.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Taccom 4" with pretty much any 7" rail you want.
View Quote

This! I used a taccom 4" plus sparrow under a 7" Noveske NSR.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Another for Taccom, I have the 4.5".

Though mine is bar and I just put my outback II on the end.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I went with a CMMG 4.5" as I already have a CMMG 6.5" upper.  Forearm is YHM quadrail.

That being said, I've heard nothing but good things about Beyer's or TACCOM's barrels.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a beyer barrel that I use with my sparrow, great setup that works for me
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a 7" UTG Super Slim  over a 4.5" TACCOM barrel and Spectre II. Although the TACCOM barrel doesn't need it to mount the Spectre II, this one has a SiCo adaptor that allows for the o-ring engagement. I only mention it because it adds about an inch to the OAL in the photo. I tried the UTG after a buddy bought one and I got a look at it. I have to admit that I thought I wouldn't be very impressed with this sub 100 dollar handguard/rail, but after giving it a good look during the install and then using it for a while, it's not going to be replaced.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:34:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a 10.5" Spikes upper that I bought new from Spikes Tactical around four years ago. I'm told they don't make them anymore. My Spikes upper has been great, in fact I use it for NSSF Rimfire matches. It pretty much never lets me down.

I've been out of the loop on the latest developments with rimfire uppers, but after seeing this thread I'm curious, are the TACCOMs the new standard? Are they reliable and well built?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top