Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2002 8:21:47 PM EDT
Has anyone purchased a 22LR converison, including the 22LR upper unit? If so, how accurate is it and how malfunction free does it shoot? Would you recommend such a conversion to others? How well do the magazines function?

Where did you buy the upper and the conversion unit?
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
www.kuehlprecisionfirearms.com

They make complete .22 dedicated uppers.

I got the Ciencer's .22 converison kit. I use my old shorty upper with the adpator. I works providing the ammo does not do failure to fire or the extractor slips the case. I get more failure to fire than an extractor slip.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#2]
AR18,
do you have a dedicated upper ? i read an article some where that the fast twist 1/7, 1/9 is too fast for .22LR & the barrels lead up real fast, i am thynking about buying a .22LR barrel & making up my own upper, 500 bucks seems lyke a lot of $$$$$ for a .22 rifle !!

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Ciener .22 kit and an old SP1 1/12 upper.  I removed the gas tube from the upper so I no longer have any gas/lead blow back.  Toatl cost was $340.  This setup is a blast to shoot, cheap and does better than a standard 10/22!

I highly suggest them.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 4:26:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 16" A2 upper from Kurts Kustom Firearms.  I use a Ciener Conversion Kit with it.  I love it.  It is very accurate.  At 25 yards I can put 10 shots into a hole that can be covered with a quarter.  That is using the fixed sites.  Pretty good shooting for me.  I have had no major malfunctions with it.  It looks exactly like my RRA 16" A2 upper (minus the gas tube).

If you like shooting .22's, and want an accurate setup, I would recommend getting the dedicated upper.  I have had mine for 8 months, and have shot thousands of rounds through it.

Brad
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#5]
sgtar,

since i wrote my last note i have aquired a Colt SP-1, made in 1975ad used very lyttle...., now !! where do i find one of those conversion units, the Ciener conversion ??
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:04:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
sgtar,

since i wrote my last note i have aquired a Colt SP-1, made in 1975ad used very lyttle...., now !! where do i find one of those conversion units, the Ciener conversion ??

Bushmaster....

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/accessories/jac%2D008.asp

or Kurt's Custom Firearms

www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/catalog/item/29585/1131.htm

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:23:23 AM EDT
[#7]
garandman,
thank you for that info, i found the .22LR kit at the Bushy site, but at the KKF site, cudn't find it.........

i'd rather deal wyth Bushmaster any ways, they are a known for me........
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Cactus -

Don't thank me too much. Alls I'm doing is helping you spend yer money (like you needed help with that!!!!)

Kurts price is same as Bushy, so go with Bushy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top