Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2010 2:56:05 PM EDT
This is the first I've seen of this, it's a mag fed 20mm rifle!  Practical?  no...  but man do I want to play with this!  Nothing like a 3mile effective range.  LOL

http://www.anzioironworks.com/MAG-FED-20MM-RIFLE.htm
Link Posted: 12/2/2010 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only seen pictures of the at shows and stuff.  I can't believe how light the recoil was and how effective the suppressor considering.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2010 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
They had one on display at KCR a few years ago, pretty awesome piece.  I believe at that time it had a price tag of $12K, still...........cool.
Link Posted: 12/2/2010 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen one in person. They are pretty cool. Not that I think I'd need one. I mean, not that I need anything that I own, but still. It would be cool to own.
Link Posted: 12/10/2010 2:55:59 AM EDT
[#4]
"Reach out and touch someone"
Link Posted: 12/10/2010 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I fired the Barrett XM109 quite a bit when I worked there. It was so freaking cool. But it was a 25mm.
Link Posted: 12/10/2010 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]
How about semi-auto 20mm?

Link Posted: 12/11/2010 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I fired the Barrett XM109 quite a bit when I worked there. It was so freaking cool. But it was a 25mm.

Lucky dog you!  I was in 5th SFGA and worked with the S-5 and Barrett on the prototype (98' time frame).  Left the Gp S-3 and took another team and then went to Germany.  Never did get to shoot it as we were still didn't have any live ammo at the time.  Did enjoy my time down in Murfressboro working along Ronnie Barrett.  Project was called the Heavy Payload Rifle at the time, before it was type classified (I always refered it to a Man Portable Light Cannon)

CD
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Where do you even buy ammo for it? I've never seen anyone selling anything but dummy rounds (no powder) for it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 4:12:40 AM EDT
[#9]
You won't find ammo as it is a DD.  The ammo is too new and only available from ATK.

ETA: Call Barrett and ask them about buying an upper. They probably won't even price it to you.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The only one of those cannons that ever floated my boat was the S1800 Solothurn.   I did get a chance to shoot a Lathi several years ago, It was awesome.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome gun no doubt.  But whats next a 110mm man fired rifle? But anyways I still want on.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lucky dog you!  I was in 5th SFGA and worked with the S-5 and Barrett on the prototype (98' time frame).  Left the Gp S-3 and took another team and then went to Germany.  Never did get to shoot it as we were still didn't have any live ammo at the time.  Did enjoy my time down in Murfressboro working along Ronnie Barrett.  Project was called the Heavy Payload Rifle at the time, before it was type classified (I always refered it to a Man Portable Light Cannon)

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/25mm_prototype.JPG

CD

What power scope is that?  1X5??

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top