Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/3/2005 5:06:18 AM EDT
does anyone make them and are they any good?
thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:16:46 AM EDT
I've never heard of them, 20ga is pretty mild already. I actually prefer my son's 870 youth 20ga to my 12ga but dont tell anybody
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:20:14 AM EDT
Yeah, I thought 20ga _was_ reduced recoil, compared to a 12ga.

Seriously though, I've never seen 20ga reduced-recoil "tactical" loads of buckshot or slugs.

Eric
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:32:36 AM EDT
thanks for the replies. I just wanted to know what was out there. I already have a 12ga and she kicks like a mule. i'm going to try some reduced recoil shells for that. I was thinking about getting a 20ga incase any female members of my family needs to use it. after seeing all the shit going on in new orleans it makes ya think. I just want something small, light, and that can pack a punch at ranges of 25ft and closer. maybe just a pistol grip so it can manuver more easily in tight spaces. there is to much bs in ny to get a handgun.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:46:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By porkchop8u:
thanks for the replies. I just wanted to know what was out there. I already have a 12ga and she kicks like a mule. i'm going to try some reduced recoil shells for that. I was thinking about getting a 20ga incase any female members of my family needs to use it. after seeing all the shit going on in new orleans it makes ya think. I just want something small, light, and that can pack a punch at ranges of 25ft and closer. maybe just a pistol grip so it can manuver more easily in tight spaces. there is to much bs in ny to get a handgun.

A word of advice, avoid pistol grips you wont hit shit.

Look at a Remington 870 express youth model in 20ga. In it's hunting trim it'll hold 5 shots and is very light and fast handling. I have one and would consider it my primary SHTF shotty. My 12ga 870 express has the long sporting barrel and would be unwieldy as hell. I personally dont consider shotguns as a go-to type gun though. I much prefer rifles for any SHTF purposes.
Top Top