Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/27/2003 6:24:11 AM EDT
i am trading a set of golf clubs for an older mossberg 500c 20gauge shotgun to a relative. i never use the clubs so i am happy about the trade. I want to turn the gun into a defense shotgun for the house. Do you guys know of any places that sell pistol grip or pistol grip/stock for the 20 gauge and other shotgun accessories. thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:41:33 AM EDT
Depending upon the frame/reciever size, you may be able to use some 12ga.-size parts on your 20ga. I am not sure about the Mossy's but some 12's and 20's are built on the same recievers and some are not...with the 20ga's being smaller and lighter. Mossberg should be able to tell you if your specific gun will take the same stocks, etc. as a 12ga.

It will work just fine for what you want if you simply have the barrel cut to 18-20 in. and a large, bright front sight bead re-installed, and if it is reliable. Five or six rounds of 20ga. #3 Buck is nothing to sneeze at!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:21:37 PM EDT
Mossberg offers pistol grips for all three gauge model 500's, 12 gauge, 20 gauge and .410 bore, about 30 bucks from www.mossberg.com. They also offer 18" barrels for all three. MIKE.
Top Top