Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2002 7:31:43 AM EDT
I started digging around and found I had a choice between the number of pieces.  Whats the difference and which would be better for general plinking?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
btt - ive been wondering about this too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You'd probably get a faster answer if you posted this to a more specific forum such as "Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, Barrels, and more".  There's enough traffic in this forum for it to get lost in the static.

You'll find that 2 piece tubes are easier to install.  1 piece tubes may have a theoretical advantage in strength by I doubt it.

The different between them is that with a two piece model there is a short piece that works as the barrel nut that screws onto the upper and holds the barrel in place.  These usually are compatible with a regular barrel wrench.  A one piece unit is simply that, one large tube.  The problem is that to install a one piece tube you usually need to use a strap wrench which is harder to use with a torque wrench.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi ICE,
From everything I have found out don't get a one pcs., its to hard to line up the gas tube a tighten the nut down right. Get a two pcs. or the three pcs. You tighten the barrel nut down and use lock nut to hold the float tube in place.
Red  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top