Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 4:39:19 PM EDT
Guys,

Went home early for Thanksgiving and stopped into my favorite LGS. They had 5 K98s, one that spoke to me: A 1944 BYF. Looks like a
possible GI bring back (no import stamp) with no duffle cut. Stamped floor plate and barrel bands, bluing is maybe 85%, not peened with 2 War
Eagles on the receiver, nice bright bore, some matching numbers (maybe 70% of parts match the receiver, bolt does not) capture screws
are present, no cleaning rod or sling or sight hood. Stock appears to be a light colored laminate with very dark grain having a lone Waffenamt
and 2 very small nicks but otherwise in nice shape.

Asking price is $559. Said I could get it for $500. Sorry, no camera, no pictures.

Ballpark, is this price close? I realize I'm not giving you everything, but just wondering what guys think.

Thanks for any replies!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Guys,

Went home early for Thanksgiving and stopped into my favorite LGS. They had 5 K98s, one that spoke to me: A 1944 BYF. Looks like a
possible GI bring back (no import stamp) with no duffle cut. Stamped floor plate and barrel bands, bluing is maybe 85%, not peened with 2 War
Eagles on the receiver, nice bright bore, some matching numbers (maybe 70% of parts match the receiver, bolt does not) capture screws
are present, no cleaning rod or sling or sight hood. Stock appears to be a light colored laminate with very dark grain having a lone Waffenamt

Asking price is $559. Said I could get it for $500. Sorry, no camera, no pictures.

Ballpark, is this price close? I realize I'm not giving you everything, but just wondering what guys think.

Thanks for any replies!

Given the information.. yes its worth it.. RCs are going for 500$

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's a true bolt mismatch, that's a pretty good price. If a parts gun or altered to match in any way,  it's a bit high for me. Can't really say more without good pics.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guys,

Thanks for any replies!

Given the information.. yes its worth it.. RCs are going for 500$

Jesus, I thought the RC's were high here at $350

Then again I bought all mine back when they were in the $200's
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:19:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats a pretty good price and without pics I would still snap it up.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I went back and got it.

Ended up negotiating $475, tax included.

Receiver, floorplate, hand guard, and both barrel bands match. Stock and rear sight base aren't numbered.
Numbers on bolt handle and gas shield match each other. Safety is different. Maybe an arsenal refurb or
new production with recycled parts?

Also picked up a pretty nice M-38, matching except the butt plate and mag floor plate (both lined through and
renumbered to match). Will post pictures of both when I get home.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top