Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/13/2011 11:16:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2011 11:29:37 AM EST by Okki]
I have a 1931 Tula (hex receiver) and I had a couple questions about the original accessories.

Sling:
I have a greenish one with red leather tabs and a more tan like one with brown leather tabs. Which one is more authentic to a rifle of this vintage?

Cleaning kit;
Pouch: black canvas with tan canvas strap or black leather with tan canvas strap?

Items included:
Screwdriver/firing pin gauge: Yes/No = Yes
Crown cover: Yes/No = Yes
Pin with attached rope Yes/No = ? (What was this used for?)
Screw-on Jag Yes/No = Yes
Chamber guide (?)/Rod handle Yes/No = yes (EDIT: Rod handle only)
Pin (partially flattened) Yes/No = ? (What was this used for? EDIT: To secure the rod handle.)
Broken shell extractor Yes/No = ?

Round dual alkeline/oil container (marked).

I have post WWII brown leather pouches. Does anyone know what the pre-WWII looked like? http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinAcc.htm does not show any,

Thanks for the input!

Okki

EDIT: Found this video that shows the pin being used etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMeWyIHu0e0
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:00:35 PM EST
Most if not all of the goodies that come with the current import refurb'd 91/30's are post WW2 made. The med green slings are 1950's, tan / baby poop brown slings are generally late post war 1940's.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:29:10 PM EST
Sling would be medium/dark brown leather as would the dog collars.
A bore brush made of what I think is horse hair would be in the cleaning kit.
Need picture of 'pin with attached rope' to figure that one out.

The only actual Russian broken shell extractors I have ever seen come from RPD machine gun cleaning kits and the PK/PKM armorers chest includes one.
The cleaning jag can be attached to the cleaning rod and inserted into the chamber to capture the mouth of a broken shell and pull it free. HTH
Top Top