Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2011 12:16:28 PM EDT
I have a 1931 Tula (hex receiver) and I had a couple questions about the original accessories.

Sling:
I have a greenish one with red leather tabs and a more tan like one with brown leather tabs. Which one is more authentic to a rifle of this vintage?

Cleaning kit;
Pouch: black canvas with tan canvas strap or black leather with tan canvas strap?

Items included:
Screwdriver/firing pin gauge: Yes/No = Yes
Crown cover: Yes/No = Yes
Pin with attached rope Yes/No = ?     (What was this used for?)
Screw-on Jag Yes/No = Yes
Chamber guide (?)/Rod handle Yes/No = yes  (EDIT: Rod handle only)
Pin (partially flattened) Yes/No = ?     (What was this used for? EDIT: To secure the rod handle.)
Broken shell extractor Yes/No = ?

Round dual alkeline/oil container (marked).

I have post WWII brown leather pouches. Does anyone know what the pre-WWII looked like? http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinAcc.htm does not show any,

Thanks for the input!

Okki

EDIT: Found this video that shows the pin being used etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMeWyIHu0e0
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Most if not all of the goodies that come with the current import refurb'd 91/30's are post WW2 made. The med green slings are 1950's, tan / baby poop brown slings are generally late post war 1940's.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Sling would be medium/dark brown leather as would the dog collars.
A bore brush made of what I think is horse hair would be in the cleaning kit.
Need picture of 'pin with attached rope' to figure that one out.

The only actual Russian broken shell extractors I have ever seen come from RPD machine gun cleaning kits and the PK/PKM armorers chest includes one.
The cleaning jag can be attached to the cleaning rod and inserted into the chamber to capture the mouth of a broken shell and pull it free. HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top