Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2002 10:55:46 PM EDT
In the next few months I may be able to afford one of these but can't make up my mind on which. I live in a state that doesn't allow Destructive Devices so if they classify the .50 BMG as such in the future I'm screwed. There's no real place around here you can take a .50 out and shoot any real distance but that doesn't bother me as I can take it with me out to the properties in Idaho & Arizona and shoot all I want. I've always wanted a belt-fed but right now seems to be the golden time to get a .50 as the ammo is still available and there are quite a few different manufacturers now. If anyone has any first hand input on either of these I'd appreciate hearing it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#1]
not an expert, just an opinion, i think a 50bmg would be more fun if you could find a way to forget how much $$$ in ammo your blasting down hte range. personally, i would get teh 30 cal, and that would save you enough ammo money to get a 50 rifle, so at least you can take time and enjoy each 1$ round.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I am going with mattsd, unless money is no object. But if that were the case then you would just get both.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:12:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Got a bud in Austin who has both a 1919 (converted to .308) and a Serbu .50 BMG.

I'd get the 1919 in a heartbeat.  .50's are big fun but OHMYGAWD that 1919!  We shot both last summer and it's hard to explain what it's like putting rounds on the berm from 300 yards aiming by where the rounds are impacting.  Just throwing dirt all over the targets!  The 1919 was fun at any distance.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input guys! Mattsd do you ever worry about the .50 being classified as a Destructive Device since you live in Iowa also? That's the main concern of mine and not the $1 a shot ammo. Because of that I'm really interested in finding out from people who have the .50 AR uppers if they really like theirs and would recommend them to others.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
i worry about all gun related thinks because i live in iowa. sometimes i worry my Jsteves single shot .22 will be declared DD, or my 10/22 be classified a hi capicity church seeking assualt machine gun.

but seriosly. im hoping they dont pull of a 50 ban, but they got the striker 12 and USAS, so nothings for sure. i just realized you didnt specify what kind of 50 you were talking about. my first reply i had in my head you were thinking 1919 vs M2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top