Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:50:14 PM EDT
Hey Fella's, What the average price range on Winchester 1917s? I'm seen them from $600- up to an incredible $950 on gunbroker or gunsamerica.. I know the Winchester is rarer but the price seems a bit ridicules. Is this normal or are the dealers jacking up the 1917 Winchester prices artificially to capitalize on Winchester going out of business? What's the blue book of this and what are the Eddystone and Remingtons going for is similar excellent condition.  Thanks C@R gurus.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
1917's have been creeping up in recent years.  Decent shooter grade rebuild Remingtons and Eddy's are typically running in the mid to upper four hundred range.  Winnies will be more because they are Winnies.  No good reason, just anything that says Winchester always commands a premium.  Original non rebuilt 1917's (ie blued and not parked, no rebuild stamps) are going to be even more.  Perhaps a lot more as there are relatively few original guns out there.  Beyond that anything that says Winchester is going to be all over the place for the next few months until the facory situation sorts itself out.  

Do you just want a 17 or does it have to be a Winnie?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey there, Thanks for your helpful response. I would prefer the Winchester but I'd be perfectly happy buying a Remy or Eddy.  Got one for sale do you?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey there, Thanks for your helpful response. I would prefer the Winchester but I'd be perfectly happy buying a Remy or Eddy.  Got one for sale do you?  

I have a Remington 1917 and no its not for sale.  Part of the 03/17/Garand/Carbine quartet.  If memory serves Eddystone (which was a Remington subsidiary) are the most common, closely followed by Remingtons and then Winnies.  Most survivors were rebuilt in WWII.  A lot were dumped in the twenties as surplus and most of those probably got Bubba'ed.  Quite a few were shipped overseas just before or early in WWII.  The Phillipine Army was largely equipped with 17's and quite a few went to the Brits, mostly Home Guard use.  Good clean non rebuilt 17's are actually pretty scarce.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top