Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2002 2:49:43 PM EDT
Good day gents, I had the pleasure of burning a lot of ammo today in  a lot of fine guns. (Thanks Rbad)

First and foremost: How does the S&W 945 stack up against Kimber's, Wilson Combat's, Les Baer, and the rest (Para Ord especially!)? Now I don't mean as in target shooting (even if the 945 was made for that) but for defensive purposes (you can put in the night sights, that makes it perfect, no other changes necessary).

I personally loved the SIG 226, but the 945 was also a beautiful piece and my dad preferred that. First: for the price (about 1K) can the 945 be beaten or are there better values? The 945 easily trumps the equally priced KZ45, imo.

Next: Not myself but I too would love a fix to this but my dad wants there too be a distinct breaking point when you pull the trigger. He wants a trigger that will allow him to feel when the gun is just bout to shoot. Now I only fired the Sig 226 in single action but will it in double action have a distinct breaking point? The Glock, being a Glock, didn't have one and neither did the 945. Is there a way to fix this or get a trigger job for the 945 so that that moment can be felt when you are about to shoot? It might seem like a strange idea, I personally don't really mind it but it would be better to be able to make up for the slack and even if not compensate for but still be able to anticipate the moment of the breaking point. I shoot on a rifle team so I know that slack in the trigger can throw you off enough to make a would be 9 a 7. With my rifle I have a set breaking point I know when I will fire so I can make up for the slack and be able to fire when ready with minimal movement thereby increasing accuracy. Is the reason the Glock the SIG in single action and the 945 don't have this distinct breaking point because they are all basically single action (don't argue with me about the Glock it is basically what you could consider single action). So anyone have answers?

Doggonit (SIG LOVE!)

BTW: Most people at the range suck. How can you people suck so badly? I don't mean to be cruel or boastful but how can you not hit at least the paper even if not inside the circle? And hitting the ceiling? Jeez, you ppl have to suck big time to shoot like that. Also: revolvers are way too loud. No flaming please! Rbad: Your wife shoots like a pro! She should take over the IDPA title with that SIG or even the 945. She could at least make it to 2nd place. Easily.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey: why is stainless steel better? Does the slide wear less this way? What is it so good for. LOOKS DON'T COUNT AS AN ANSWER!

Doggonit

SIG LOVE SIG OUT SIG SIG SIG
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
How about the Para Ord LDA's? Those any good? My dad thinks that DA would be more pronounced and distinct so hows the LDA as a DA 1911? Any other DA 1911's? Or DA's wont solve the problem with triggers posted at first here?

SIG out, (Yeah baby)

Doggonit (SIG LOVE!!!)
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Shooting at the ceiling isnt an accident.  It makes a cool noise

No I have never shot the ceiling, nor have I been around when someone else did.  I'm assuming it makes some sort of cool noise.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]
If you shoot at the ceilng you are: Not certified to shoot, an idiot, a semi-retard who wants rounds flying through the thin roof to hit somebody, or you can't shoot. If you can't NOT shoot at the ceilng you are not fit to shoot and I will be forced to take away your gun and sell it to get $$$ for ammo and stuff.

Sig out,

Doggonnit (SIG LOVE)

IF YOU RELOAD I WILL TKAE YOUR GUN AWAY!
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Exactly what the hell is your problem with reloads?  Quality relaods usually shoot more accurately since they are tailored to a particular barrel.  IYou sound kind of snobbish IMHO.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#6]
And BTW...stainless does look better...taht's reason enogh for me.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Not snobish, just the big R sez so! (hehehe, someone out there knows!) Hey after a Glock kb's from a reload, no thanks. Accuracy my foot. If you still hit the ceiling with reloads then accuracy wont help you. No hurt feilings anyone...

SIG out, (yeah baby)

Doggonit (SIG LOVE)
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dadgumit Doggone take your riddlen son.....

Aye aye, boss. You wouldn't know... I had fun today.. too much. Christmass in July. I am crazier than McUzi... I am a raving maniac

SIG out, (yeah baby)

Doggonit (SIG LOVE!!!)

BTW: Its Ritalin, in medical terms: Methylphenidate. Arrrgh those Glock 21 mags are killing me! And no, I don't take it and I don't need it. Rbad can testify.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL, you may or may not be crazy....but I see you like Sig's, and that shows you're not dumb! Hehe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top