Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2014 1:27:07 PM EDT
I'm about ready to rebuild a 90s vintage Springfield 1911 into into suppressor host.  The question isn't the mechanics yet, more so refinishing.  Looking the frame over the serial numbers are crisp and clear, just not that deep.  My concern is mostly about bead blasting, and the subsequent refinish (have not chose yet)  will obscure the numbers.

Any suggestions before I start?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The first thing I thought of was " is it illegal to obliterate the serial and then restamp or etch it elsewhere on the gun? Or even in the same spot?"

I also thought maybe you could send it somewhere that does laser engraving prior to rebuild and see if they can make it deeper.

Good luck

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top