Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2002 7:26:09 PM EDT
Can someone post a link to directions for using a 1907 sling properly?  I have always wanted to know the proper way to use it in different shooting positions.  Thanks, guns762
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out http://www.rifleslings.com/us_m1907_sling.htm
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:41:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Check out www.rifleslings.com/us_m1907_sling.htm

Activated the link.  In highpower rifleshooting, the short strap is connected to the rear loop.  For sitting and prone, unhook the short strap frog to give you enough sling.  Give the sling a half turn and put your arm through the sling.  Slide the keepers back to lock the sling in place on your arm (either above or below your bicep). The sling should "pinch" your hand between the stock and the sling with the sling.  Go to a highpower match, you'll get all the help you need!

HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#3]
SRM,
You forgot to tell him that if he is locked in the sling properly, after about 30 seconds his arm below the sling will start to go numb! Even with the heavy shooting jacket, I finished every string of sitting/prone feeling like I'd had my arm in a block of ice for an hour.Those were the days!
Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL, Don!!  Having your arm go numb is no worse than wearing a glove, a sweatshirt and a quilt-lined leather coat when the ambient temp is 105F.  Slow roasted to a delicate crunch....

SRM
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, Camp Perry in August with the coat, sweatshirt, glove, the tight sling, and a scorer in the pits that can't see bullet holes in the black. Such fun, I miss it, maybe someday again.
Don in Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top