Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 6:50:50 AM EDT
My cousin just got back from Afganistan and came back with a couple 1853 Enfield 3 band rifles. I can't find any for sale online (that aren't replicas) and can't find a value. I haven't seen them, but am told they are in pretty good shape. Anyone know an approximate value? Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Are these Enfield musket rifles or Snider-Enfield conversions? The native gunsmiths of that region make very convincing copies of the originals, right down to the markings. These links should prove helpful. Pictures are a must if you want to ask about the authenticity of the rifles in question.

p223.ezboard.com/bbritishmilitariaforums
www.gunboards.com

He should relegate his Enfields to "wallhanger" status if they are 'Khyber Pass Specials', as the native copies are often called. The metallurgy can be dodgy. Genuine Enfields should be safe to fire, assuming they are intact and given a passing grade by a competent gunsmith.

Galland
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top