Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 9:01:57 AM EDT
has anybody seen the CZ 452 rifle, how about the marlin 917, or the Savage 17 Series? I'm looking for a good cheaper 17 HMR bolt action or semi-auto for $300 or less. I need recommendations.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
look through the .17HMR forums over at rimfirecentral.com

I've heard people having great results with any/all of them.  I think savage is supposed to be putting "accu-triggers" on their .17hmr bolt guns....not sure though.  I fiddled with an accu-trigger on a display stand enough to know that they are adjustable for pull weight and as crisp as my RRA NM trigger.    
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the savage .17 HMR 93 series bolt action rifle wood stock and full floating bull barrel. I absolutely LOVE this rifle. consistant nail driver at 100yds tight 1/4 - 1/2 MOA groups at 100yds and just plain Fun to shoot.

Only issue I have is it doesn't like to feed CCI hollow points so I just use the ballistic tip ammo instead.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#3]
the .17hmr is an all round amazing cartridge.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#4]
My friend has a savage ss heavy barrel laminate stock with the biggest bsa sweet 17 on it and a harris bipod and it is a fucking tack driver 5 shots in a dime at 100yds my only gripe with it is that it jams a lot but damn can it shoot.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the synthetic savage with the heavy barrel...AND LOVE IT he
these rifles are very accurate, so dang fun to shoot, and cheap...my girlfriend picked it up for me for christmas for $170 (hes
anyway...savage is the way to go if youre looking for the best deal on a quality gun for little $$

Diesel
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Marlin and love it. I bought my Dad a Savage and it is also very nice. I like the Marlin better though, feels better and the safety is smoother. Both shoot really well. Do not get the Savage with the synthetic (plastic) stock, it sucks. The triggers on both are not that great. Now that the Savage comes with the Accu-trigger it would be the one to get.

The CZ is also very nice, no first hand experience but I have seen alot of them and they get great reviews.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#7]
newracer
Do not get the Savage with the synthetic (plastic) stock, it sucks.

I completely disagree...do you have any actual experience with it or are you just a senthetic hater?Because i hate when people who havent ever had any experience with something BASH it.

Diesel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top