Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2009 10:54:33 AM EDT
I've heard accuracy on these is poor in comparison to FMJ projectiles.  I usually use 115 GR FMJ for target and comp.  I would like to use these 122 grain lead truncated cone semi wad cutter due to the availability but, I don't want to lose accuracy.  Any input or feedback?  If they are acceptable, 3.5 to 4.5 grains Tite group or 231 seems to be an applicable powder charge.  Any suggestions or disagreements here?  Thanks for your time, its much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#1]
It depends on the details. What are the details?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It depends on the details. What are the details?

They will be used for league and competition shoots.  Projectiles made from virgin lead alloy 92% lead, 6% antimony, 2% lead. Triple lubed, sized .356".   I will reload using once fired, fully processed Winchester brass and small primers on a single stage press.  I will use the listed powders: Titegroup or 231, maybe bullseye powder.  Fired from my Ruger p-89.  Any details I left out?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Stand bye...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#4]
The December-January issue of Handloader Magazine talks about your bullet, albeit a bit heavier @ 125grs, over 4.2 grains of 231 @ 1.075" OAL in FC cases and FC primers delivering 1" groups at 25 yards from a S&W 952-2.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top