Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 7:09:06 AM EDT
i got a new 11-87 a few weeks back and it's a great gun and runs like a champ except....
every 25 to 50 rounds it has an "odd" malfunction.  when i fire the gun the first round the bolt unlocks and moves back extracting and ejecting the first round.  the second round is ejected from the magazine and is carried by the carrier up to the barrel where it is loaded.  then the bolt falls forward and locks in battery.  the carrier drops back to it's lower position.  (all ok so far.)  now the problem.  when the carrier returns to it's lower position the #3 round pops out of the mag tube and sticks between the carrier and the bolt locking the whole mess in place and jaming the gun.  i have to pull the pins an take out the trigger and carrier group to clear the jam.  

so how do i fix it?  do i have to send it back to Remington or is there something simple i can do?

thanks.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I am having the same problem on my 11-87.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sounds like a shell stop issue to me...I'd send it back since it is new...let Remington "lick that calf over"!

Ditto, sounds like the stop spring tip is too short/not protruding far enough out, and when the action slams closed, the mag'd round is making it's way past the stop.  Only real fix on this  problem is to replace the defective spring, and this means restaking the new unit back in.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll give you $75 for it
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
ON 9/12 i sent the above e-mail to remington.
i just got a reply back saying that is was a very simple fix but i should take it to one of their certified gun smiths in my area.

so i will take it over this eveing.

when i get it back from the smith i will post comments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top