Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/10/2006 5:10:48 PM EDT
Well I have them however I have no idea now what I am going to put them in??? They are 4 3/4" long, so I am hard pressed to figure out what to carry them in, any suggestions? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:51:04 AM EDT
Bump for more info
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:53:53 PM EDT
I you want to carry them in bulk on a vest or belt, then a nice Spec Ops Brand X6, a Tactical Tailor SAW pouch, or some similar larger pouch would be good. If you want to carry them bandoleer style, I don't have any ideas.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:47:01 PM EDT
That's probably what I am going to have to do. Either augment a pouch or use an existing pouch to attach to web gear and carry them that way. Otherwise I do not believe there is a bando out there that can handle them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:56:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 7:57:54 AM EDT by Zmeja]
If you wanted to, you could also have someone build you a bandolier for your stripper clips. Building one would be simple...anyone with a sewing machine that is strong enough to punch through the material (a boot or shoe repair place might do it) and some material. You'd just need straight stitches and a few bartacks for reinforcement. Made right, it would last longer than you.

You'd need either cotton canvas or Cordura nylon. I'd recommend nylon, at least 500 denier. Then, you'd want a strip of nylon webbing and a Fastex tri-glide (for adjustment). 1.5" width would be nice, or even 2" webbing (thin stuff, like seatbelt material) would be cool.

ETA: If you have a surplus bandolier, you'll see that they're simply designed, and really made for a one or two time use.
Top Top