Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 5:10:48 PM EDT
Well I have them however I have no idea now what I am going to put them in??? They are 4 3/4" long, so I am hard pressed to figure out what to carry them in, any suggestions? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:51:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for more info
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I you want to carry them in bulk on a vest or belt, then a nice Spec Ops Brand X6, a Tactical Tailor SAW pouch, or some similar larger pouch would be good.  If you want to carry them bandoleer style, I don't have any ideas.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
That's probably what I am going to have to do. Either augment a pouch or use an existing pouch to attach to web gear and carry them that way. Otherwise I do not believe there is a bando out there that can handle them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#4]
If you wanted to, you could also have someone build you a bandolier for your stripper clips.  Building one would be simple...anyone with a sewing machine that is strong enough to punch through the material (a boot or shoe repair place might do it) and some material.  You'd just need straight stitches and a few bartacks for reinforcement.  Made right, it would last longer than you.

You'd need either cotton canvas or Cordura nylon.  I'd recommend nylon, at least 500 denier.  Then, you'd want a strip of nylon webbing and a Fastex tri-glide (for adjustment).  1.5" width would be nice, or even 2" webbing (thin stuff, like seatbelt material) would be cool.

ETA:  If you have a surplus bandolier, you'll see that they're simply designed, and really made for a one or two time use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top