Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2008 10:55:02 AM EDT
Has anyone in a legal to own state removed the extra followers out of the 10 round mags to fit more rounds? Are the springs in the 22 and 10 rounders the same? My pistol cam with a 10 round mag and it seems like it could hold more with these removed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
if you remove the plates on both sides then you can load more then twenty inside your magazin, the plates onside my magazin were just glued, i had no problems to remove them ( here in germany we can do this legally ) there is no restriction on magazines
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you sir
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I broke off part of my 10 rnd mags and there is a stop inside the spring that with those removed will not let more then 10 rounds fit. Is it possible to disassemble the mags and remove that piece??? I live in a classIII state but the pistols are shipped with only one 10 rnd mag. I want to make it a 22 rnd mag.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I ahve taken a 10 rnder apart.  Jsut have to be carefull as the stops are glued to the mag half body.  I got 21 or 22 rnds in the one I did but the spring in the 10 rnd. mag is not as stout as the one in the 22 rnd. mag so I had few problems when I got down to the last 5 or so.  I did try 15 in it with the stops and it worked just fine except it dod not hold the bolt open every time.  Best bet is to either get 22 rnd. mags or contact GSG and try to get the stronger spring.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 6:41:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I did thios to my 10 rounder in oregon and with the length of the spring I still used the stops but modified them so it holds 18 with no feeding problems, without the modded stops there were feeding problems.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top