Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/14/2006 8:09:57 AM EDT
Anyone tell me what a registered sear pack is vs. a host machinegun? am i asking this in the right place? just wondered if there was a way to make my 10/22 rifle a full auto machinegun leagally with a form4? MI law says it has to be manufactrured before 1986. is there such a thing? thanks guys for any input or direction to find out more about this.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:17:39 AM EDT
the machine gun (wheather its a reiver, or sear pack) must be made and registered before may 19 1986, or it can not be sold to a private individual. there are poeple that can own post 86 machine guns, such as the military, law enforcement, certin types of dealers, and certin manufactures. its not just a law in MI, but a federal law.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:28:51 AM EDT
There are registered trigger packs available from time to time. I think they run in the $7000+ range. For that, you can pretty muc get a Registered Lightning Link for an AR-15.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:06:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By deuce32:
Anyone tell me what a registered sear pack is vs. a host machinegun?

A registered sear pack fits into the host gun to make it a legal machinegun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:23:34 AM EDT
maby he means a registered reciver vs a registered sear pack. a registered reciver is when the reciver of the gun is considered the machine gun, registered sear pack is when the sear is considered a machinegun. so that means that if you buy a registered sear pack you can put it in any 10/22 you own. but with a registered reciver you must use the full auto parts in that gun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:08:40 PM EDT
The only full auto 10/22's that I've seen are those that were modified by John Norrell. I remember reading about another one that was modified by someone else, but I can't remember any details.
Yes, they need to have been registered before 1986. John has some that he's releasing a few at a time & they go VERY fast. He sold some last year for I think ~$7-8k each. I was lucky enough to buy a "new" complete Norrell 10/22 early last year with his integral suppressed barrel. It's a very nice setup. There's a Norrell F/A trigger pack & bolt listed on autoweapons.com for $10k. There's also a thread on one of the boards that talks about how overpriced this seller is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:20:42 PM EDT
I saw a suppressed 10/22 last year that included a registered sear for $4500.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:32:11 AM EDT
Has anyone seen any plans for the Norell type 1/22 conversion? I've heard it said many times that his is the best but never been told why. Sometimes they cost twice as much - WHY?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:59:23 AM EDT
the Only full auto 10/22's ive seen have been Norells.. the others i have seen seem to be a breafcase with a motor on the trigger..

on that note if the trigger pack is regsterd part that would kick ass... only other thing that would be needed is a spare recever to work on a belt fed converson... mmmm belt fed 22's...

*dont know if it could be done but that would be a smoken cool setup..*
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:32:53 PM EDT
A Norrell registered trigger assembly pack is for sale at Autoweapons.com (for pics) and you can find the description if you scroll down here.

It's only $10,500.

It sounds expensive, but they are pretty hard to find and - better yet - this one is legal.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:32:42 PM EDT
John Norrell still has some, though he releases them on a limited basis. His is based on a registered trigger pack and modified bolt, so it'll fit right on any factory 10/22.

www.johnnorrellarms.com

Does some great Moly-Resin refinish work as well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:36:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CFFUTS23:
A Norrell registered trigger assembly pack is for sale at Autoweapons.com (for pics) and you can find the description if you scroll down here.

It's only $10,500.

It sounds expensive, but they are pretty hard to find and - better yet - this one is legal.

My friend just picked one up at the local show from a PP for $5500. QWas an early Norrel in a suppressed gun. At least it was a friend that got it!
Top Top