Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:46:46 AM EST
Does anyone make a click adjustment rear peep sight for a Ruger 10/22 other than Tech Sights?

My son’s 10/22 Deluxe has a nice set of Williams’s WGRS sight on it, but they are a pain to adjust for different ammo (read, what ever is on sale that week).

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jim
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:14:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By Shooterer:
Does anyone make a click adjustment rear peep sight for a Ruger 10/22 other than Tech Sights?

My son’s 10/22 Deluxe has a nice set of Williams’s WGRS sight on it, but they are a pain to adjust for different ammo (read, what ever is on sale that week).

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jim

Williams FP-RU. A very nice sight that has ¼ minute click adjustments. The front sight will need to be replaced with a .570" tall one. The receiver has to be drilled & tapped. I did it myself but advise to have it done by a smith if you don't have the mechanical aptitude for it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:05:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 8:09:23 AM EST by Zardoz]
Williams also makes a "WGRS" rear aperture sight that will fit the 10/22. This uses the two rear scope mount holes, but will also need the taller front sight which comes with it. No click adjustments, but it's a pretty decent sight just the same.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=527477

Currently backordered, but Midway doesn't usually make you wait too long.
If you need the click adjustments, both Williams and Tech-sights are good, but I like the Williams FP better (just my opinion).
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:54:18 AM EST
Originally Posted By Zardoz:
Williams also makes a "WGRS" rear aperture sight .

That is what my boy is using. Great sight, just hard to adjust. You have to hold it in place while loosening the set screws and then move it (just a little bit) and retighten.
jk
Top Top