Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 8:52:09 PM EDT
I keep getting reverse stovepipes "primer end sticking out of ejection port". I have bought new factory mags, tried different ammo, cleaned the hell out of it and also changed the extractor with a factory replacement from Brownells. It still keeps jamming, any ideas?

Omni

Edit: It only does it after I have shot one or two mags and it usually does it on round 5-8. Doesnt seem to matter which mag I use.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:43:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tips eklikwhoa. My 10/22 does the same thing. I can't get through a 10 rd. mag without at least one of the stoppages described above. It's pretty annoying. I've noticed that cheaper ammo causes more stoppages than better known ammo.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#3]
mine use to do it at first too, after the tuning the isnt any ammo that it hasnt digested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top