Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 11:19:09 AM EDT
I have a stock blue black composite 10/22.  After reading some of the topics I am really excited about modifying my stock 10/22.  Where to begin?

Stocks?
Barrel Length?
Optics and Optic mounts?
Harris Bipod?

I would like to do simple modifications like...

Hammer
Bolt recoil buffer
Anything missing to get a reasonably priced excellent firing 10/22?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to rimfirecentral.com and look around.

Check the site sponsors there for all the goodies.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=192143

a thread I started for advice....  I got lots of good stuff from it and you might as well.....

people have found soem real ncie tricks to doing the 10/22 rifles
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
any optic bipod suggestions?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
any optic bipod suggestions?

Thanks

optic:  3-9x40 or 3-9x32 is fine for plinking/all-around use.  If you plan on shooting tiny groups, get a scope with a higher zoom...  6-18x44 or something around there.  It'll help you zoom in more on a tiny bulls-eye....plus it's like having a built-in spotting scope.  "Simmons" makes good scopes. Stay away from "NcStar".  

bipod:  Harris (or "rock-mount" cheaper alternative) 9-13 for prone shooting.
6-9 for shooting from a bench.  You can use either one anywhere, but some people need the taller one for prone.  And on a bench, it's nice to have it a little lower.  

YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top