Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 12:43:59 PM EDT
Got a 10/22T with the stainless hammer forged barrel. Maybe ran 1200 rounds thru it and the trigger started to stick.  It got to the point I felt that it wasnt safe to shoot so I took it to the sporting good shop where I got it and sent it back to Ruger. They "fixed" the trigger and shipped the rifle back after about 3 months.
Now about 3000 rounds later its starting to stick again. Im pretty sure I dont want to ship the the damn thing off again for 3 months.
Anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do to solve the problem?

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The guys here can help you.

www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/

The 10/22 trigger assembly isn't that complicated. The sear spring is a little tricky but that's it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Rimfire is a great place to get info.

If you are gonna fix it yourself, why not put in a after market trigger, like Volquartsen.  Rimfire will have lots of info on these triggers, and how to put them in.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Entire Volq trigger assemblies run about $170. Can get trigger rebuild kits about $50.
RIMFIRE CENTRAL is a great help for Q&A.  Dnot be scared about opening the 10/22. Only 1 screw under stock....2 pins hold in trigger group.....about 4 more pins to take the whole assembly apart.  Now would be a great time to install a bolt buffer ($10)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top