Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2002 11:51:22 AM EDT
I saw a company that sells these short barrel mossbergs and they said all you have to get is a cheap Every Other stamp and I was wondering how you get a permit for a shorty shotgun? can you get one in California?
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 12:01:47 PM EDT
I'm not sure about California, but as far as the federal laws, AOW is a type of weapon defined under the National Firearms act of 1934 to be a shotgun or rifle made at the factory with a barrel under 18 and 16 inches respectively.  There are some other weapons such as pen guns and others that fall into this category.  The class 3 registration fee for an AOW is $5 as opposed to $200 for a machine gun,sawed off shotgun, SBR, destructive device, and silencer.  In most states it is fairly simple to get one, albeit with about a 4 month wait, but in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, there's no tellin' what the laws are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top