Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2002 6:25:57 PM EDT
I've been thinking about getting a Remington Model 700 Sendero and i want the most accuracy from it. after I get it, I want to accessorize with it and make it a true long range precision rife.

I've heard alot about fluting and i've heard people say that you shouldn't get your guns fluted, but the manufactures say that fluting always makes it more accurate and gives a exceptional barrel life.I think now you guys can see my confusion.Im also thinking about getting it in 7mm Ultra Magnum or 300 Winchester Magnum but the thing is, if I get it in either one of the calibers and have the barrel shaved off some then there will probably be a bigger kick which kind of makes your accuracy suffer,so thats the problem. Thank you, your help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 700 VSF in .223

great gun, but I have nothing to really compare it to (all my other .223's are AR's).
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as accuracy, yes, its a factor in a barrel that you plan on heating up. As far as finish, don't get one in blue. Every time you wipe it down you wear on the sharp edges. I prefer full bull. I hate crap stuck in my barrel grooves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top