Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2020 6:36:53 PM EDT
What’s good, all?

I have been piecing together some gear for my 1943 Underwood M1 carbine over the past couple months. Check it out:

All original WW2 era except the Ka-Bar knife and sheath, which are new. You can actually get original WW2 surplus in good condition for as cheap or cheaper than the good quality U.S. made repros so that’s the route I went with. I modded the image to make it look all old times and such. Thanks all,

-Panzer
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty cool and still effective kit, even today.

What’s the dangler pouch to the right of the knife?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty cool and still effective kit, even today.

What’s the dangler pouch to the right of the knife?
View Quote

I agree. In the Air Force we’re still issued almost the exact same style belt and canteen except its nylon/plastic instead of cotton and stainless steel for the WW2 ones. This is mainly for use with a gas mask as the canteen has a piece that interfaces with a drinking tube in the mask, allowing one to hydrate.

The small pouch is a first aid pouch, and holds a small green tin with a Carlisle bandage inside. Here’s a dude opening one:

Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:27:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Just need some M41 suspenders and you'll have a nice USMC rig.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:19:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Done
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:41:37 AM EDT
[#7]
The bandolier are post WW2 but yes, it definetly needs an IR scope!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top