Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/7/2012 6:37:47 AM EDT
Can one purchase a suppressor at a class 3 ffl in another state without transfering to an in state class 3 ffl or ffl?

I ask because I live close to three different state borders. I want to broaden my shopping opportunity, with out the hassle of a form 3 from Gemtech or dealer to dealer if I find what I am looking for instock at the class 3 ffl in another state.

It's not a firearm but suspect because it transfers to me on form 4 it has to be transerrred by an in state ffl. Is that correct. Educate me please.

By the way I'm looking for a Gemtech Viper 45 for my MAC 10/45.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 7:01:53 AM EDT
No it has to be transferred into your state.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 8:44:04 PM EDT
No it has to be transferred into your state.

UNLESS the suppressor your buying is classified as a C&R AND you are a C&R license holder. Then and ONLY then can you do a form 4 over state lines without having it transferred to a dealer in your state.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 4:33:37 AM EDT
Thanks for the replies and info
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 6:23:59 AM EDT
Why is NFA  just as difficult as handgun purchases? I don't see why out of state has to go thru a FFL to FFL. NFA is registered to the same people aka BATFE. Handgun isn't registered so I can understand they need some type of papertrail.
Top Top