Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2003 5:47:18 AM EDT
Hello.

I have an 870, that I have both the Express polymer stock, and the SpeedFeed pistol grip stock for.  My question is, who makes a reduced-length stock, either standard or pistol grip?  Thanks!

Andy
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 6:32:03 AM EDT
[#1]
SpeedFeed does...available from Brownells and some others.
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 2:20:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anybody know if the short stock Wilson uses is a SpeedFeed or not?  I seem to remember handling a Wilson 870 with a short stock that had the "SF" logo at the base of the grip.  Thanks!

Andy
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 3:15:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes it is a SpeedFeed product. Comes w/ side sling swivel. "SF" on bottom of stock.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Hogue makes one that also reduces felt recoil.  They even have a forend to match.
Heres the link:
http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?pid=4616&lastcatid=18&step=4
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Choate makes the Mark 5 which is adjustable. You can get standard or pistol grip models.  I have one of these on an 870, but I got it before it was called the Mark 5, but it looks like they have not changed it.

For something different, look at their Mark 6, but I can't say that beats a Speedfeed set up.

www.riflestock.com/

PS  I just looked at their site some more.  Look at thier YBA stocks, stands for Youth and Body Armor.  That is similar to mine, 11 3/4" pull with spacers removed.

I think I ordered mine from UWS.com, Ultimate weapons systems.  They have better pictures too
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Check this out:

www.coyotecanada.ca/stock_conversion

I am taking delivery of my second prototype this week. I plan on test firing it next week, and am looking for some machine shops to mill up a bunch (if there is enough interest).

I have a speedfeed stock and like it quite a bit. You can get them with a reduced length of pull stock, however these did not come short enough for my liking (I'm a pretty small guy...compound this with some bulky clothing or a ballistic vest and there becomes a real need for something better. I have not tried the www.sageinternationalltd.com telescoping stock, but it looks promising too.

BrobeeBiter
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I am glad someone else had the same prob with 870 stocks that (universaly)fit nowbody good info cost me a lot of long distace calls to find it on my own
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#9]
These look interesting..I don't know anyone who is using one, but I spoke with them on the phone, and they said one handed firing of 3" loads is very comfortable. Check out the Compstock & Copstock there:
www.knoxx.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top