Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
2/21/2020 11:35:28 PM
Posted: 10/11/2007 4:06:13 AM EST
Just sold an NFA item. Its on a F4 and I need to transfer it to my dealer, so he can transfer it out of state. Do I do a F3 to him and pay the tax or is it a F4 to him with tax paid, then he does a F3 to the other dealer? Thanks

PS Just unsure as never Sold an NFA before, only bought
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:47:24 AM EST
Whenever an non-SOT holder is a party to a transfer, it is on a Form 4 tax paid.

So you would transfer to your in-state dealer via Form 4 and pay a tax. Then your dealer transfers to the buyer's SOT via a Form 3. Then the buyer gets it via a Form 4 (2nd tax) transfer to him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:00:40 AM EST
Actually, you can transfer it directly to his out of state dealer on a Form 4.

This does not save a tax, but it does save time (one less tax free transfer)
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:34:32 AM EST
that is correct.

an SOT Class 3 dealer is an SOT class dealer no matter what state they are in. They can receive class 3 weapons from out of state individuals. I just went through this myself 3 months ago.

Transfer it via F4 to the buyers dealer out of state. From that point on he will transfer it to your buyer.

I dont know where people are getting these 2 dealers needed idea.. The whole point of being an SOT class 3 dealer is so you CAN get stuff out of state.

Top Top