Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
11/2/2022 4:30:06 PM
Posted: 5/26/2002 6:03:29 AM EST
I got my RRA chrome lined M-4 upper that has been on order for the last few months, but illness abounds in the kids so I haven't gotten to the range to check it out.  Visual inspection makes me think that it was worth the wait (though the bolt carrier machining is a bit sloppy) but the proof is in the performance.  With that in mind, has anyone here gotten a chance to try their's out?  I want to know what I'm missing.

Saleen
missing
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:22:19 AM EST
[#1]
Not yet.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:28:37 AM EST
[#2]
I got the barrel from Pete-in-NH about 2 weeks ago and managed to get to the range last weekend and yesterday. (It's a 16" postban).

Since I had assembled the rifle, I was more concerned with making sure I had gotten everyting assembled correctly and that everything worked, rather than accuracy at this point. (All parts where RRA).

I've put about 500 rds through it (as of yesterday) without a single problem.
I used a variety of ammo, to test reliablity.

40 rds - XM193 55 gr (LC 2001)
200 rds - Korean 55 gr (P S 88)
 30 rds - TZ (Israeli) 55 gr (TZ 87 & 88)
 30 rds - Olympic SS109 63 gr (2001)
200 rds - Gualemalan (don't remember Headstamp)
 30 rds - FN, FNW and other misc. junk.

Like I said, not a single FTF, FTE, or any problem.

I didn't fine tune the sights, yet, but found that I had to more the rear sight 1 click left, and the front sight still has plenty of room for adjustments. So, it appears that the front sight was properly installed and that the barrel was correctly indexed.

I did't bother to 'break in' the barrel as some people recommend. When I cleaned it, swabbed the bore with Shotters Choice and let it sit for a while, it only took a couple runs with the brush and about 4 patches to clean. There was evidence of copper fouling either.

I've very pleased with the entire rifle, and it appears that RRA did a great job with the manufacture of the barrel.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top