Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2008 5:07:24 PM EDT
I just got a older model (flat rear-receiver, non-accua trigger) Savage 110 for hunting a few weeks back.  I took the bolt out today for some cleaning and installed a Leupold 1 peice base on it.  When I was done I tried to put it back together and when I slid the bolt back in it wouldn't turn all they way down to lock into place.  I called my buddy who owns one and he told me to try moving the little black circle piece near the rear of the bolt into a different position.  I did that and then the bolt wouldn't go into the receiver hardly at all because the little round piece was getting hung up on the saftey tang.  I tried to move the black circular knob back into the position it was in and couldn't get it to budge.  I need to know what to do to get everything on the bolt lined back up correctly so I can get it working again.  I'm supposed to be going out this weekend to get it sighted in for deer hunting so it is urgent I get it working ASAP.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#1]
This happened to me on a new Savage.  The bolt holding the scope base on was too long and interfered with the locking area.  It was the second one from the front on my gun.

Take off the scope mount and I bet it works again.  Then grind down the offending bolt and you'll be set.

Good luck,

Matt
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This happened to me on a new Savage.  The bolt holding the scope base on was too long and interfered with the locking area.  It was the second one from the front on my gun.

Take off the scope mount and I bet it works again.  Then grind down the offending bolt and you'll be set.

Good luck,

Matt

Just want to correct those instructions as it could be misinterpreted.  Grind down the mount screw, not the bolt.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the scope base screw part covered.  I need to figure out how the hell I move that black disc thing I was talking about  back into the rear-most position.  I can't get the bolt in anywhere near for enough for the lockup process because the black disk part wont clear the safety button.  The black disk was under spring pressure and it is holding it forward, I've tried as hard as I can to get it to go back to the rear of the bolt but I can't get it to budge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top