Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2003 3:43:54 PM EDT
Today at school my friends and I were talking about just whatever.  I mentioned to a "newer" friend of mine that I got a new SKS.  He asked me what that was and I explained it to him.  Then one of my good friends that thinks he knows everything about guns and the military says, "Yeah, he (me) has one, but he is a pussy and won't get a BANANA CLIP for it." About this time every hair on my body stood on end, my left eyes got a bad twitch, and all my muscles tensed up.  He noticed it and asked what the matter was.  I say, "First off, high capacity magazines are illegal in CA, second off, you have no idea what you are talking about."  Then, 5 more of my friends (all at the same time) say, "God Mike, it's a banana clip!! Why do you have to be so damn precise about everything!?"  I say, "I'll take every one of you to a gun store and you ask them for a banana clip, see what the guy does."  They had no comment.  I need new friends, Sorry 'bout my rant, but I had to.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Its not that they are "idiots", just uninformed, which is what the Kaliban are all about.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Most people that I come in contact with are lack knowledge in the firearms area.  Not because they are idiots, which they sometimes seem like it, but because they never have looked into it and are very uninformed.  I have friends that believe that buying a pistol is like buying a rifle or shotgun, that the pistol permit age in NY is still 18, that think a AR15 is fully automatic, that many military style firearms take clips and not magazines, that silencers are totally silent, that the Desert Eagle would be a perfect sidearm for the military or police, that there is always a one shot stop, etc.  Those are just some of the questions I have been asked or been told by people I have met.  Luckly my friends aren't idiots and if they don't know they ask me about it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:51:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Today at school my friends and I were talking about just whatever.  I mentioned to a "newer" friend of mine that I got a new SKS.  He asked me what that was and I explained it to him.  Then one of my good friends that thinks he knows everything about guns and the military says, "Yeah, he (me) has one, but he is a pussy and won't get a BANANA CLIP for it." About this time every hair on my body stood on end, my left eyes got a bad twitch, and all my muscles tensed up.  He noticed it and asked what the matter was.  I say, "First off, high capacity magazines are illegal in CA, second off, you have no idea what you are talking about."  Then, 5 more of my friends (all at the same time) say, "God Mike, it's a banana clip!! Why do you have to be so damn precise about everything!?"  I say, "I'll take every one of you to a gun store and you ask them for a banana clip, see what the guy does."  They had no comment.  I need new friends, Sorry 'bout my rant, but I had to.

I think Ca. passed a law where you do have to call it a bananna clip, back in 1998, not sure ?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#4]
So how exactly do you clip a bannana onto the rifle and why?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have the same problems here at my school. Can't talk about any kind of firearm without the banna clip thing, fully automatic thing, the silencer thing, and how it would be so cool to just dress up in all black and then go out into the woods just shooting things(seriously, I just got this responce from someone I talked to about my AR15), and the list goes on and on.

The media has made sure the sheeple have no solid knowledge of firearms except for that they are all used to murder people and go on shooting sprees.

Even from hunters I get the "I got a 50 round banna clip for my 10/22".

Sometimes I think I want to stop explaining things to people who have these ignorant assertions, but then if I stoped explaing them the truth, what would they believe next?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
While I sympathize with you about the issue with your friends, one of them was more right than he probably knew.
There was imported, from China, a variant of the SKS that was factory designed to accept AK "bananna" mags.
Even the standard SKS can accept so-called hi-cap mags, although this is illegal in most areas now.

Chalk it up to even a blind squirrel finding a nut every now and then.

LOL, well whatda ya know!! I don't think I'll tell him that he was partially right though. I'll just keep telling them that they are idiots.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I've always heard 'banana clip' in reference to pretty much any fairly long magazine that has a curve in it (ie 30-rnd AK mag).  It's just slang.  What's the big deal?  Or is it just the whole clip vs magazine peeve?

Funny, though.  Now that I think about it, I don't recall hearing that term in many many years.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a banana clip, it hold my banana on my belt until I'm ready to eat it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#10]
"Banana clips" for SKSs don't work anyway.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]
dont feel bad, i have the same problem with my friends. some of them actually know what they are talking about and some are just dumb. i have showed my friends my ar and sks when they come over and they insist on making the full auto sound effects with their mouth. no matter how much i try to explain to them that it is just a semi-auto rifle they will still call it a "machine gun"
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So how exactly do you clip a bannana onto the rifle and why?

Don't know the how, but the why is pretty easy. We aren't allowed to have bayonets.

CW
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, i showed my friends a picture of my Bushy pre-ban and one of them called it a machine gun. I told him it wasn't and that it was a semi-auto.  He told me not to tell him that it was semi "just look at it".  Typical sheep.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Why would anyone want to put one of these on a gun.
www.fragrancewholesale.com/banclipligpi.html

And yes, it sounds like you need to find some new friends.(these sound like morons)
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I have this problem with certain friends.  Some are wise enough to listen to what I have to tell them regarding facts about firearms.  Others are morons and don't listen to what I have to say, and tend to keep repeating the same old falacies over and over.  It's with the latter I get quite belligerent with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top