Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2017 9:24:40 AM EDT
I have a few NRA builds planed for the future so I'm looking into the pros and cons of trusts and if I go that route, how to set it up.

As to how to set it up I've come up with 2 options: one being through silencer shop where I would pay $130 and be done with it or my other option so far is

Texas Nfa trust which is  local  to me and my prove more helpful in the future if any issues pop up.

So my main question is has anyone used either the Texas nfa trust guy or silencer shop to set up their trust?  Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't get why people feel the need to pay money for a trust. It isn't a super secret legal document and there are forms available for free on the net. That's what I did and I've used it for 4 NFA items.

https://www.lawdepot.com/contracts/Living-Trust/?loc=US#s=QSGrantor&g=QGtrustor
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Sean Cody of TexasNFATrust.com did my trust for me and I have nothing but great things to say about him.  I'm sure the cheaper easy trusts are just fine, but the difference of a couple hundred bucks means jack to me when compared to the money people spend on their NFA items--I submitted paperwork for close to $4,000 of goodies as soon as mine was established and I've got plans for a lot more in the coming years.  The other poster is correct, trusts are not some super secret legal document and they are relatively easy to draft up.  I'm perhaps a bit overly cautious and would prefer to be over-prepared and pay a bit extra for it.  I know my trust is bulletproof, it will make estate planning easy, it's easy for me to add and remove trustees (and it's worded so that I can have multiple tiers of trustees i.e. general trustees who can make changes to inventory and limited trustees who can only possess my items) as I wish so that I can submit new forms whenever I want without having to submit fingerprint cards for each responsible persons.  The biggest benefit is that I have MY attorney on speed dial and can call him with any questions at any time.  A lot of those easy trusts require you to write in your questions, they'll get in touch with an attorney and then they'll get back to you.  The difference between a $130 Easy Trust vs. Sean Cody's $300 trust is such a small difference in the grand scheme of the cost of NFA items.  If I had to do it all over I'd go with Sean Cody again and have no hesitation or regret.  I've wasted money on a lot worse things I'm not going to lose sleep over paying a little extra for my trust.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top