Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2010 5:55:04 PM EDT
Looking into this possibly.....
What wad is used for this?
One of y'all must be doing this.....what's your setup?

TIA
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the Hodgdons site, they have 3/4 and 1 oz loads with standard wads.  Link
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Several years ago, my brother was reloading slugs (bought them already cast..don't remember make), but he used standard wads. They seemed very accurate out of my Ithaca DSII.

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I have just purchased the lee mold and have plans to try making some slugs this year.  The directions that came with the mold (are also available of the lee website) list several of the wads that can be used depending on which hulls you are using.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have just purchased the lee mold and have plans to try making some slugs this year.  The directions that came with the mold (are also available of the lee website) list several of the wads that can be used depending on which hulls you are using.

+1.  Plus, Lee makes both a 7/8oz and 1oz 12 ga mold, so this will make a difference in your wad selection as well.

- AG

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top