Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2008 6:57:20 PM EDT
At Wal Mart, the typical bulk pack is the 550 round red box, load 750.  At Sportsman's warehouse and elsewhere, there is the 525 round blue box, load 745.  What are the differences in accuracy and reliability in these two loads?  They seem similar, but the 750 is a good bit cheaper.  This is going to be used in everything from a Spikes .22 AR to 10/22s to Browning Buckmarks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#1]
i like the blue box more. "Champion"
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking at a box of each right now and the blue box 525 load 745 has an extra 20FPS on it. All I have tried so far. My red box of load 750 is unopened.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:

I hate the Champion. In my experience it has been overly week and jams in all my 22s except for my bolt action Marlin. But my model 60, 10/22, and Ruger Mark III will not run the stuff.

Thunderbolts FTW.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate the Champion. In my experience it has been overly week and jams in all my 22s except for my bolt action Marlin. But my model 60, 10/22, and Ruger Mark III will not run the stuff.

Thunderbolts FTW.
The Blue Box Used to work good for me. Haven't tried it in a while. After shooting federal red box yesterday...It is shit compared to CCI

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Half way through a Red Box now. If I put 15 in the gun, I will hear at least three differant sound levels before it is empty. The powder charges are very inconsistant in the batch I have.
Have not tried the Blue box.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 8:25:10 AM EDT
[#6]
The blue box used to work well for me, but I havent bought any lately so newer lots might not be so good.

The red box stuff has been shit lately for me, inconsistent charges and lots of bad primers.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Using the Fed 550 bulk packs (red box) from W-M, I have had no trouble with three lots so far. I shot one box per outing and only had four duds and two FTEs in the last box. All were ammo issues of course. This using a Spike's dedicated .22LR upper on a Bushmaster lower.
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#8]
More velocity on the blue box, and more reliable.  I tested both in a stock 10/22 and the Red grouped significantly better though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top