Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 12/15/2003 11:17:07 PM EST
Anyone here have a chance to put their hands on one of these  and try it out?? If so what was your impression?  Like....dislikes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:41:09 AM EST
I played with one for about 30 minutes when picking out a new shotgun.  I picked up a Remington 870 Police Magnum instead, but the decision was not easy.

Ergonomics were good.  The sights were pretty cool.  Had large capacity right from the get go.  It also had a way high 'cool' factor.  However, the cheapness and ease of getting accesories for my 870 finally won the day.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:09:56 PM EST
Thanks. Hopefully it will be a new gun purchase in the new year.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:07:30 AM EST
Excellent.  Post pics and give us a detailed report on how it works for you.  I am really curious how well it fits and functions for you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:49:30 AM EST
Rainbow6

I would think twice about the FN.  They are a great manufacturer and in fact they make the 240G, M249 SAW and our M16A4's.(I am a Marine.  We took the mossberg 500s with us to Iraq and they performed great.  I am not a Remmington Basher and in fact I love their rifles.  The Mossberg has proved it's worth to me.  Now would I buy a Remmington 870, yes for the right price.  Would I buy a FN shotgun, maybe but the lack of parts would be the only reservation.  

I liked the FN tactical with the M4 Stock and AR sights, but for 700 bucks I would get the 870 and get that Sinistral Industries adapter.

I hope this helps.

Max
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 11:52:28 AM EST
From what little I understand, the autoloading FN shotgun is derived from the fairly successful USRAC (winchester) Super X which in turn is derived from the Browning Super Gold.  

Both the Super Gold and USRAC are not unheard of guns, and I would imagine that parts would be relatively available.

If I were looking for an autoloading shotgun and I specifically verified that the FN was nothing more than a relabeled SuperX practical system, the FN would be at the top of my list.

There is a speed shooter out there who claims that the Super X had a faster cycle time than the Benelli recoil shotguns and the Auto 5.  I believe his endorsement was on the USRAC site.  

Top Top