Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2011 3:59:51 PM EDT
For a glock 26 9mm, will also gladly use it on .22, .380, .25 cal pistols.

I'm looking for a can i can leave on my EDC gun, All my cans are pretty cumbersome to carry around.

eta- selling factors
size, db, cost, ease of wipe replacement
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been doing research on the two for a little bit..

Here's what I've read so far

Poseidon:

More db reduction (more volume+ 2 wipes)
Two wipes
Fatter(can't see over sights)
Harder to change wipes

Nano:

Less db reduction (one wipe, less internal volume)
One wipe instead of two
Easier to take apart/change wipe)
Can use just about any pistol sights and see over
Lighter/ less finicky on certain hosts due to weight

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Which is shorter? Would the OD f the poseidon be too large to use with a holster?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on the holster.

The Nano is .98" diameter. 3.1oz
The poseidon is 1.25" diameter 3.8oz

In my opinion, I like the NANO more. Smaller diameter, both will have bad dry performance and I can spray a light ablative behind the single wipe in the front othe nano, and put a piece of duct tape or something in the mono stack toward the back to keep the ablative in. Or carry a bottle of water . Easier to take apart, smaller, etc. I'm going to get a nano when funds permit
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Poseidon, and I'm very happy with it.  FWIW, the latest info I have from Brooks at TM is to OMIT the rear wipe, and to remove the retaining ring for it from older models that had it.  Not sure why, but I found it didn't assist any with sound reduction anyway, so I didn't mind.  I have not seen/handled the Nano

My findings re: the poseidon:

it runs 100% on my XD-9 with standard 115g. ammo, and Fiocchi 158g subsonic.
It runs 100% on my Beretta 21A with standard velocity Winchester/Remington/whatever bulk pack and Remington subsonic.
That means NO FTF, FTE, jam, etc.  

I find the sound reduction to be very effective, up to about 8-10 shots with a new wipe and some kind of ablative medium.  Shooting it at the public range with a raft of onlookers, everyone was impressed at it's sound, especially considering the small size.

I'm very happy with the Poseidon - the tools work very well to quickly disassemble/reassemble it, and it is light enough to keep a gun running without a booster

It IS big enough to obscure standard sights, but as far a sI know, all cans are except the Silencerco stuff (by design) or the TM Wasp .22 mini-can.

My $0.02 on the Poseidon...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top