Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2012 2:36:56 PM EDT
Just picked up a DSA Austrian STG58STD. Went to the range today to start breaking in the barrel, regulate the gas system and sight it in.. This thing is a cream puff. I think it may have less recoil then a M1A I once owned. Getting off at noon tomorrow and hope to finish with barrel break in.......

Back later with more.....

:fal:
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice FAL.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty much finished breaking in the barrel today. Moved over to 100yds and it's still hitting a little low. May have to file the front sight a tad. Had 1 malf with a 30 rd mag. Closed the gas block a notch or two and we'll see how that does now.
Here's a couple of groups from today at 100 as well as a group from 25yds yesterday.... I'll never do that again lol. Most groups were  2 together and 1 out a few inches. Don't know if it was me, the FAL, ammo, etc. It is what it is. How precise can thay be when the rear sight is mounted to the receiver and not the upper anyway?

Link Posted: 3/9/2012 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Very typical, and good, FAL accuracy.  They're not tack drivers, but 2-4 moa is normal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2012 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice, congrats.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top