Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2006 2:18:03 PM EDT
mixmaster of parts
National Postal Meter M1 carbine

has both original stock and aftermarket para stock

bunch of mags (7 or 8 fifteen rounders, USGI), and a fair amount of .30carbine ammo (500+rnds)

Im guessing around $830?

Link Posted: 10/17/2006 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Easily in the $800 range. Nice looking M1.

On a different note, no matter how original it may be that barrel just looks skinny and naked with out a bayonette lug on it.

I have two Inlands and a Plainfield. They are all terrific shooters.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Easily in the $800 range. Nice looking M1.

On a different note, no matter how original it may be that barrel just looks skinny and naked with out a bayonette lug on it.

I have two Inlands and a Plainfield. They are all terrific shooters.

ya, apparently they never added the lug onto this when it was reworked

has the flip switch safety and the late type adjustable rear sites, go figure

i actually prefer no lug on the barrel, ive owned and toyed with both ...

right now i need to free up cash for a V93
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you will probably get $800.  The carbine by itself honestly is probably a $550 carbine..Paratrooper stock maybe $100.  Ammo is probaby $150.

The NPM is a little more rare than some.  Mixmasters are common when the carbines are to be found.  The Paratrooper stocks aren't avaliable easily anymore.  

I did a lot of carbine collecting and reading over the last few years and these are just my opinions.  Yuo are also in another part of the country where prices may be different.  But I think that all together it's worth 8.
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
If I had the money I would buy it from you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]
800 is not out of line.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]
What other parts are on the M1c since it's not all NPM?
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

i havnt really checked...so i dont know offhand

its up for sale here on the EE if your interested however
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a Winchester with a Rock-ola op-rod and trigger group and a Underwood bolt.

I'm just looking to make mine a matching rifle.
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a Winchester with a Rock-ola op-rod and trigger group and a Underwood bolt.

well, even during wartime, a matching rifle wasnt a common thing...as they were always swapping parts in and out...then the rebuilds....

some people think it makes a rifle more "proper" to be all matching, when in fact its not necicarily the case
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well, even during wartime, a matching rifle wasnt a common thing...as they were always swapping parts in and out...then the rebuilds....

some people think it makes a rifle more "proper" to be all matching, when in fact its not necicarily the case

Absolutly correct!  Many carbines were mixmasters as they left the factory.  Not all factories made all the parts for carbines.  Barrels in particular.  Tremendous amount of part swapping among the various contractors.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutly correct!  Many carbines were mixmasters as they left the factory.  Not all factories made all the parts for carbines.  Barrels in particular.  Tremendous amount of part swapping among the various contractors.

An M1 Carbine is one of those rifles where parts wear and overall coloring tells the whole story. To me, a mismatch of parts that match shade-wise = proper. "All correct" parts with a mismatch of shades = put together. I'll pay more for the former than the later. Notice I said proper not original. Carbines were rebuilt more times than Joan Rivers and Cher combined. USGI is USGI. Originals are out there, but SERIOUS Caveat Emptor when encountered.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#12]
It's worth about 100 bucks.  Where do I send my money for it?
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's worth about 100 bucks.  Where do I send my money for it?

you sound like a dealer at a gun show!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sarco is currently selling new-made Para stocks for about $175  NPMs were never originally issued as Paras, only certain Inlands.

I'd consider selling the Para stock seperately.

well i sold the rifle and para stock

the para stocks are overmolded when they made them, so they arnt USGI spec, need dremeling to make them fit...and top handguard sits so high you cant see the front sight post.

with some work they are decent stocks, but ....dont buy one and expect it to fit like an original
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#16]
This is actually a NATL ORD INC commercial, not USGI M1 carbine, with a 3/4 cracked weld in the operating rod box.

Value:
Rifle: $200 (maybe)
Stock: $175 from Sarco

$375 max.

Trust me. I traded for this rifle and check out what I really got:www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=389617
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
This is actually a NATL ORD INC commercial, not USGI M1 carbine, with a 3/4 cracked weld in the operating rod box.

Value:

$375 max.

Trust me. I traded for this rifle and check out what I really got:www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=389617

Whooaah.... you got hosed.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Value:

$375 max.

Whooaah.... you got hosed.

No shit. I am waiting to hear back from the other guy. He told me he was going to a shoot in CT so hopefully he will get back to me tonight or tomorrow morning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top