Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
i know, i am waiting as well....

As long as there is no other 308 bullpup,  they are the only ones in this market.  Travor is a 5.56 aka 223

edit Woot first post on a new page!
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Hang in there, it's a cool rifle...

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

http://i30.tinypic.com/ranf6g.jpg

Nice, how about a range report or some more pics?
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Soooo, where do we order these puppies from? I know they are limited production now, but with a MSRP circa $1900 I don't want to pay $3k on gunbroker for one. Now, $2k maybe. :-)

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]
same old story from kel tec hurry up and wait,  they need to get their crap together and crank these out as fast as they can their really screwing up by not getting these out in sufficent numbers
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Kel Tec apparently builds the RFB like old people....well you know.

Tavor will be out before the RFB goes into any decent distribution at this rate.

If Kel Tec were smart they'd hurry up so they at least beat the SCAR 17s and XCR-M to market. Otherwise they're going to have more competition in the 7.62Nato market.

I know Gun Sales aren't this quarter as strong as they were first quarter. Would make some sense to get a new product out right now.

So come on Kel Tec.

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://i30.tinypic.com/ranf6g.jpg

Sigh

I want one so bad I can taste it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's a shame that this thread slipped to Page 7 due to Kel-tec not being able to deliver the RFB in meaningful numbers.  If they're not careful, Charles Daily will make Tavor rifles available in the market and the RFB market will dry up substantially!

Will the Tavor be available in .308?

My attraction to the Kel-Tec is because it is chambered for .308, IMO it will be the best compact deer rifle.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#9]
The most vexing thing is that if it's taking this long to get the .308 version out, it'll be a while until the .223 version (not even announced yet, but presumed) comes out.  

My main reason for being interested in a .223 KT bullpup is the forward ejection seems perfect for suppression:  no ejection port right below your ears for decibels to leak out of.  Sure, there's the FN, but I just don't dig it.

If I hit early next year and don't have a clear deployment date upcoming I may get the MSAR, though if I end up deploying in 2010, and CD gets the ball rolling promptly, the Tavor might be out and available by late that year.  Timing, timing, timing...
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#10]
My second one just came in.......
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't remember if I posted these pics here...

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Who are you getting them from?

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If Kel Tec were smart they'd hurry up so they at least beat the SCAR 17s and XCR-M to market. Otherwise they're going to have more competition in the 7.62Nato market.

That's nice, but neither of those are forward ejection bullpups.  That novel idea seems to be the main draw to this particular rifle.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#14]
That, and cheap, robust, and proven mags.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That, and cheap, robust, and proven mags.

Proven and robust maybe......but cheap that are still quality and not run down? I must be looking in the wrong places...
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#16]
DSArms is about to release their made in USA mags in 3 capacities and I'm told they have an RFB to verify function and reliability.

I'm sure they won't be cheap but they will likely be the best FAL mags ever made...
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Hurry up keltec!!!

FFS we are waiting for these things up in kanuckistan too!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hurry up keltec!!!

yeah right

at LEAST 2 years before we see any
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I think they have the Keebler Elves making them in that Oak Tree.

Come on Kel Tec.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's nice, but neither of those are forward ejection bullpups.  That novel idea seems to be the main draw to this particular rifle.

Even if they will lose nothing to the competition created by other 7.62NATO rifles that have their own unique draws as well that is still no reason to delay the mass production and release of this rifle.

Making 10 rifles a month while they churn out hundreds of other firearms is all well and good during a gun  buying frenzy. However, the last half of this year is not going to be as strong as the first. The RFB could insure that Kel Tec has as strong a fourth quarter as they did a first this year.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Jerk

Link Posted: 8/7/2009 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hurry up keltec!!!

yeah right

at LEAST 2 years before we see any

i give it a year. Maybe less if they can ramp up production. I will sell you my chopped m14 when the rfb gets here if you want

Link Posted: 8/7/2009 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Only handfull out, maybe they are waiting for the people to wear them in and see if the guns are made well.

Its basically a FAL Bullpup. give or take, so it has to be  good.

Link Posted: 8/14/2009 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#24]
This is an awsome bullpup, a friend of mine just got his a couple of days ago and I had a chance to test it out. All I can say is that I want one...I can see a shortage of FAL mags in the future if more people have a chance to get their hands on this KEL-TEC.
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Only handfull out, maybe they are waiting for the people to wear them in and see if the guns are made well.

Its basically a FAL Bullpup. give or take, so it has to be  good.

Link Posted: 8/14/2009 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Who is getting them to you?

A friend who is a dealer.  He put together a preorder and we all paid cash for them....The paid ones will come in before the unpaid ones...

Link Posted: 8/14/2009 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Are we there yet?
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

A friend who is a dealer.  He put together a preorder and we all paid cash for them....The paid ones will come in before the unpaid ones...

I guess I was wondering where the dealer is getting them.

A distributor I guess?
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#31]
I fondled one at a show yesterday, but it was not for sale.  I really like it.  I don't plan to get one anytime soon for the premium price, but I definitely will stock up on some FAL mags for the future.
Link Posted: 8/16/2009 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/17/2009 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I guess I was wondering where the dealer is getting them.

A distributor I guess?

Ya, i would like to know which one.

This is like a tennis match.
Link Posted: 8/17/2009 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I do not know which distributor.....sorry...All I know is I gave him cash and I have 2 out of four delivered....
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#36]
FOUR!?!?

What the fuck?  I'd love to know which fucking distributor sent four rifles to the same dealer...damn.  Wonder what the story was there.

Gaaah.
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
FOUR!?!?

What the fuck?  I'd love to know which fucking distributor sent four rifles to the same dealer...damn.  Wonder what the story was there.

Gaaah.

I'm not sure I want to know what the dealer had to do in order to get four of them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought four to flip three and pay for my fourth.....

From what I understand is the dealers who pay up front get first dibs.....My dealer only does military and government sales....
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/19/2009 6:17:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought four to flip three and pay for my fourth.....

From what I understand is the dealers who pay up front get first dibs.....My dealer only does military and government sales....

Distributors do not take pre-payment.

I can only go by what my friend says.  I have no reason to doubt him.  

He has received 5 thus far.......

Link Posted: 8/19/2009 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/20/2009 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I spoke to a dealer earlier this spring (right after the shot show) to see if I could get in on a pre buy I had heard they were doing via the internet.  I can't even remember the dealer's name right now (I wrote it down somewhere but I'm not sure where) but he said he was able to get allotted a large number of RFB's via the following....  He gathered interest for the rifle prior to the Shot Show and made those who were interested pay cash up front.  He then went to the shot show and spoke to George Kelgren in person and worked out a deal to get the rifles in advance and handed the cash over to Kelgren.  I told him that I had already order 4 via other dealers (to increase my chance of getting one)  and asked him about the ability to get in on another pre buy to get one sooner.  He said he would not be able to get me one any quicker than the dealer's I had already ordered through since he would be receiving only the pre ordered ones first.  If I remember correctly I think he stated that he had pre ordered 42 RFB's at the shot show (he could have said he has ordered a total of 42 including the number paid for at the shot show, I'm not sure).  The way it sounded to me was that he was not getting these through a distributor but through Kel-tec themselves... I could be wrong though.  Either way I'm still without an RFB...

Edited for corrections....  The dealer I spoke to was not the same one that fighter443 delt with.  Maybe a similar deal though?
Link Posted: 8/20/2009 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/20/2009 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Please don't quote me on this as being fact and don't give George crap based on my post.  That is basically what I was told if I remember correctly although the more I think of it I think the number of rifles I mentioned was likely the total ordered through that date including the pre-orders.  For all I know the dealer was filling me full of crap but...  after seeing fighter443 getting two of five his dealer has received so far I think it's entirely possible there were some pre-orders completed.  I imagine Kel-Tec can sell to whoever they want when it comes down to it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2009 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, he wouldn't take my money even when I begged him at SHOT to sell me one of the non-functioning prototypes ;)
Link Posted: 8/21/2009 12:20:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FOUR!?!?

Gaaah.

I'm not sure I want to know what the dealer had to do in order to get four of them.

I hate the way you think and wish to pull that thought out of my brain.......
Link Posted: 8/21/2009 5:23:22 AM EDT
[#47]

How and why have you not posted any pics?
Link Posted: 8/21/2009 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#48]
I can vouch for that.  I've been badgering/begging three different distributors for 2+ years without any RFBs to show for it.  Money is no object to them if they don't have the guns to ship.
Link Posted: 8/21/2009 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can vouch for that.  I've been badgering/begging three different distributors for 2+ years without any RFBs to show for it.  Money is no object to them if they don't have the guns to ship.

Can't get blood from a stone.

It's a shame.

A promising rifle design never fully produced. I am left with a lot of questions about it, which apparently will not be satisfied any time soon.  At this point it is impossible to make any judgments on its reliability or accuracy.

You have to wonder why any company would invest the time, money, and effort to develop such a rifle only to never make enough of them to see a serious ROI?

Link Posted: 8/22/2009 12:55:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Kel-Tec has stated very clearly on KTOG that the final (?) problem was heat treating of the ejection tube was inconsistent and sometimes warped the tube. They are very interested in ROI! Who wouldn't be? They aren't crazy, for gosh sake. It's not a great idea that never made it to production, they are in production! Limited for now, sure, but they are working hard to ramp up. I've had one on order since November and I' can't wait to get it. I've also had a Larue OSR on order since November and they have had delay after delay after delay, as well. Does that mean Larue isn't interested on ROI? Get real. Of course they are. We aren't talking flat pack furniture here, we're talking things that go BOOM, so a major problem or recall could bankrupt a company. They have to take their time and thank goodness they do. Saying they aren't concerned about producing the rifle in quantity is just silly, so stop it. They stand to lose a LOT of money if they don't sell enough RFBs to break even and, in the current political climate, that's a pretty big risk. I wouldn't take it, would you?

Please stop slagging them off for delays. The Masada/ACR has taken years with no end in sight and the SCAR took forever to trickle out! The people that have received RFBs are VERY pleased with the function and quality, so let's all stop the non-sense that Kel-Tec isn't interested in producing this rifle. Based on the obvious, I say they are not only interested, but the whole future of the company probably depends on it.

Kerry

PS Since November election there have been delays on everything. This was not foreseeable, so don't blame that on Kel-Tec for not having crystal balls.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top